BulletInjection Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 What gauge wire should I run from my amp to my coils? I think I read someone using 18 gauge? My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
DHFHades Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 I would say no smaller than 10ga, I'm using 8ga for my lvl4 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15 DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active 1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest. rebuild coming soon to get a better score "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."
rmzsuzuki89 Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 8 awg. My Feedback Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103868-official-rmzsuzuki89-feedback-thread/page__pid__1441542#entry1441542
BulletInjection Posted June 22, 2009 Author Report Posted June 22, 2009 8 awg. the terminal accepts wire that large? My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
RamenNoodles Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 The terminals will accept one 8gauge wire. 10gauge will be fine though. 18 gauge is is simply fail. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
LordArcane Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 the terminal accepts wire that large? they should my alpine type r's handle 8g at the terminal so i would think fi's would also since they are more powerful
BulletInjection Posted June 22, 2009 Author Report Posted June 22, 2009 The terminals will accept one 8gauge wire. 10gauge will be fine though. 18 gauge is is simply fail. lol yeah I was kinda thinking that but I wasn't sure about how large of a wire it could fit, but now I know =D thanks fellas My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.