nyd40cal Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 I am using a Rockford Fosgate P5002 and I have it bridged and it dosent seem to be that powerful. mabe just a shitty sub and amp, but I think its just the wrong amp for it. can I run a 1000watt amp to it? it is a dual 4ohm so how would I wire it up and what amp will push this thing to maximum capability ?
Boon Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 Might have something to do with the fact that you've got your amp bridged into 2 ohms... 10.x volts fo' life!
Guest Posted June 22, 2009 Report Posted June 22, 2009 Might have something to do with the fact that you've got your amp bridged into 2 ohms... x2, not many 2 channel amps are stable at 2 ohms. run each coil to each channel, and TUNE THE GAINS THE SAME unless you want a blown sub. could be your enclosure is the problem.
nyd40cal Posted June 22, 2009 Author Report Posted June 22, 2009 I am going to try running each coil to each channel. its not the encloser, Its the same cubic ft that was recommended for that sub. I only bridge it cause I want the most power I get get from the amp..........It does knock , but i think it can do more. if I run each coil to seperate channels, it will be the same watts, just different ohms CORRECT>?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.