sayhuh? Posted June 23, 2009 Report Posted June 23, 2009 Ok so if you have 8 subs how would you wire them to get your impedance to a 1 ohm at the amp? I've tried 12volt, but I got confused. I know I would have to run 4 subs parallel and the others the same and then run series to the amp, right? Oh god my head hurts...any ways this is what confuses me more.. 4-4 ohm subs (dvc for all of them) I get this from this part of the site http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_c...sp?Q=4&I=42 but now in the calculator part I enter 4 ohms and get it to equal total of 1 ohm in parallel. from here http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec so my question is, which impedance is right? If all 8 subs are 4 ohm and I run 4 of them parallel and the other 4 parallel and then series to the amp, will that give me a 1 ohm load at the amp or a 2ohm? Or..bah. Any help would be great. Working nights (I'm one number 3 of 15 nights straight so bare with me) allows me too much time to think and I of course wait until 4 am to think of this crap. :01nocomment8so: Any ways, thanks!?! Blown
sayhuh? Posted June 23, 2009 Author Report Posted June 23, 2009 Or would I need 2 ohm subs to get each set of four to .25 in the box and then run the two sets of four into series to give me 1 ohm for a final impedance to the amp? Haha, I think I have officially confused myself. Blown
matt402 Posted June 23, 2009 Report Posted June 23, 2009 u can run 8 d4 ohm subs to a 1 ohm load on an amp. parallel the subs then series them to each other.
sayhuh? Posted June 23, 2009 Author Report Posted June 23, 2009 LoL. I'm trying to visualize this. ugh. So 4 ohm subs? This may be a time I go to a car stereo shop. Blown
matt402 Posted June 23, 2009 Report Posted June 23, 2009 just like the middle pic in your first link ^. then just add 4 more subs.
Guest Posted June 23, 2009 Report Posted June 23, 2009 wire all the subs in series (not together), then wire them together in parallel.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.