Trouble With Fiberglass

well i am in the middle of doing some a pillar pods, yaaa. anyway first i hot glued the "frame" to the a pillar then layed some glass, well i read that the resin doesnt like to sick to plastic so i gave it a little flex test and of course it pulled away in some spots so i pulled it all off. i also read that you should put down a base layer of fleece or like some people used an old white tee (which i have plenty of becuase you cant wear a damn white tee for just one day with out getting kool aid or lunch or dirt from working on sombodies car on it) so i used an old white tee on the pillars first. i sprayed adhesive on the cloth and the pillar and let it tack up then stuck em together. i waited about 15 mins then i mixed up some resin, got to spreading the resin and did it start looking nice. well after it dried for about an hour i went to check on it and when i picked up one of the pillars it was a little stuck so i poped it off and in doing that the tee shirt kinda pulled away from the pillar....WTF. now the whole thing didnt come off and i didnt play with it but what should i do to make that stick back to the plastic? any tips here would be great. i read as many " A-pillar" post as i can handle. seems nobody has had this problem. BTW i will get pics up when its all done.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

try takinh some heavy grit sand paper like 40 or 60 to rough up the plastic should make syuff stick to it better

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

x2

also try drilling small holes in the plastic the resin will seep in, and act as pins holding it in

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

x2

also try drilling small holes in the plastic the resin will seep in, and act as pins holding it in

that works best

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Staple the fabric / old tees to the plastic before you resin it, or if the plastic is too brittle then drill a bunch of wholes to perforate it, then use crazy glue to hold the fabric on.

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

1112082024a.jpg

a door pod i did, used crazy glue to hold the fabric down since the plastic was to brittle for staples. the purpose of the holes is so when you soak the fabric in resin it seeps through the holes. then once it dries it is almost like a resin rivet lol

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

also when the fiberglass dries on the outside take a coat and lay some glass in the inside of the pod.....but the best way to make it stick is sand the plastic and rough it up a bit and then on the ends and a few spots in the midlle drill some 1/8 holes

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Archived