The passenger side front window on my 1996 Grand Prix 4-door keeps falling into the door. Everuy time it happens, I pull the door panel off, fuss around with the window, and see that the rollers on the scissor arms that work off the lift motor (thats a mouthful) have fallen out of the track on the bottom of the window. I pop them back in and we are good for a day or two until it happens again. It is getting very annoying to fix and the track is getting more and more mangled as this goes on. Is there any way to fix this? Can I just get a new track? Do I have to replace the regulator? The whole window? I think I only saw one roller on the arms; it mounts on the backside of the window, but the window tilts forwards as it drops (not by design, but because of this issue.) I am at a loss for a fix. Any ideas?

Too many projects, too little time...

You can get the whole kit together at Advance Auto Parts for like $100.00

I had a 1997 GTP Grand Prix that had a problem with the driver side door, one of the rollers broke.

I bought the kit which comes with the track and regulator both.. and what was amazing was it was more expensive to just get the track.. so I just went the cheaper route and bought both. It comes already put together so all you have to do is unbolt what you have now and slide the new one in and bolt it back up... 30min tops to complete.

Damn...hundred bucks...I will definitely look into that though.

My friend said I could go to a glass place and maybe they would have the track. He said he doesn't think there should be two rollers; neither of us could tell if there SHOULD be more than one lol. The rollers are fine, it's just that damn track...

For now though, I just pulled what I could, covered what I couldn't, and am hoping that A- it doesn't rain, and B- that nobody gets any wise ideas while I am asleep. I'll keep something close just in case though.

Damn...hundred bucks...I will definitely look into that though.

My friend said I could go to a glass place and maybe they would have the track. He said he doesn't think there should be two rollers; neither of us could tell if there SHOULD be more than one lol. The rollers are fine, it's just that damn track...

For now though, I just pulled what I could, covered what I couldn't, and am hoping that A- it doesn't rain, and B- that nobody gets any wise ideas while I am asleep. I'll keep something close just in case though.

Maybe mine was a little different, in 1997 they change the body style and mine was a 2 door. A little more expensive for a two door.

Okay so my buddy and I jury-rigged it for now so I could roll it up, but we found the problem is at the front of the window. The corner of the class itself slides up and down in a groove. The glass is coming out of said groove, causing the front of the glass to drop down, in turn causing the bottom track to slip off of the regulator. Tomorrow I will pull the left door panel and see if there is supposed to be something locking it in, but does anyone else know of a fix? I didn't find any pieces or anything in the door...