Sonic Electronix

well the sides and folds are self explanitory to do with them so i am right

its not a matter of right and wrong. its how it turns out. saying folds on a christmas present are easy, but when carpeting, you have glue on it. you cant just take it back off and lay it back down. have you ever carpeted a box before? not the easiest thing to do.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

yes i have i carpeted my box that i built. I thought of it as a x-mas gift and it turned out perfect

Perfect? Doubtful.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

yes i have i carpeted my box that i built. I thought of it as a x-mas gift and it turned out perfect

Pics?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

A little trick i learned that might make it easier is to take a rabbit bit and cut a small groove on the endboards and then you can wrap the carpet around the top, bottom, front and back.

example: set the box on the carpet and roll it up like a burrito.

Then for the ends you can take a piece of carpet and stick it in the groove and use a screwdriver to push the carpet down into the groove and then take your razorknife and cut to the outside of the groove and voila.

there are sides and you cant see since the carpet is normally thick and fuzzy enough to hide it. Also, this only works if you put the sides on the inside portion of the box. ive never seen it done with the sides held on to the outside.

xa-1.gif

A little trick i learned that might make it easier is to take a rabbit bit and cut a small groove on the endboards and then you can wrap the carpet around the top, bottom, front and back.

example: set the box on the carpet and roll it up like a burrito.

Then for the ends you can take a piece of carpet and stick it in the groove and use a screwdriver to push the carpet down into the groove and then take your razorknife and cut to the outside of the groove and voila.

there are sides and you cant see since the carpet is normally thick and fuzzy enough to hide it. Also, this only works if you put the sides on the inside portion of the box. ive never seen it done with the sides held on to the outside.

im trying to picture this in my head, i got the roll it up like a burrito part, then cut a groove on the end caps of the box around all 4 sides of the end? then stick the carpet into those grooves, then cut a square piece of carpet and cover the remaining uncovered end?

i think after the part where you stick it in the grooves i lose it...

you would'nt happen to have a picture would you?

either that or im just looking into it way to much

Yeh roll it up like a burrito. You have to use a rabbit bit to cut a small groove on all 4 edges of one side of each end.

Take a piece of carpet larger than the end and glue it to the box then take your razor knife and cut to the outside edge of the groove.

Then just repeat it on the other side. I have a box that is done like that that i dont use anymore so i will take some pics of it with the carpet ripped off so you can see what im sayin.

xa-1.gif