90 300zx - My First Custom Build - Dc Level Iv 15s

Wow I wish my dad was that cool, oh well I still got my mom to turn to the dark side mwahaha :spiteful::diablo:

and BTW I love the 300ZX and you do some good work

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

So, with all the dimensions of the hatch and tray area I have decided on the following:

For the DC level IV 15s I am going with 4.4 cubes ported to 34Hz. Yes I know it's small but I am really looking for excellent low end response with good range; I'll leave all the ground pounding to the yungins'). After much research it would seem that smaller boxes and port area are just the ticket.

For the MB Quart 10s (did I mention I am keeping them in play?), anyway 1.1 cubes sealed. The DCs will run all low end stuff from 65-70 Hz and down, the MBs will run all of the stuff from 65-70 through 180 Hz. These are not definite, I listen to Rap, have all my life and I refuse to call it hip hop. If anyone has experience with splitting subs to work different frequencies I would appreciate comments.

On day two I completed the enclosures:

DCs

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I also completed the hatch mounting piece. The DCs enclosure will mount to this "bracket" which is mounted to the car.

Posted Image

I know, boring but it gets better, I hope.

On day three I started building the bezels for the boxes. I want the install to look like it belongs in the car so I decided to add a little craftsmanship. These pieces will lay on the boxes and cover any undesirable areas, also the rear mids and tweets will mount to the front bezel facing the seats. The will be covered in vinyl that matches the Zoe blue with white accents.

Facing the seats with component 5.25 mids and tweeters and 2-way passive crossover.

Posted ImagePosted Image

For the DCs I used these templates...

Posted ImagePosted Image

To make this piece...

Posted Image

Which looks like this in the hatch with the enclosure

Posted Image

The last bezel piece will lay over the MBs and was a bitch to build. I will upload and explain tomorrow.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

That trim panel over the box for the 15's looks great. def some good work going on here. cant wait to see the rest of the build and some vids.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

i need new boxxer that trim is sexy and the car 2

more pixs

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

i was over there till 1 am, you guys should see what else is comming up :P looks freakin beautiful.

LOL @ Chris tho :P

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

THE BUILD IS DONE. You can read and see all or skip to the end for final pics.

So, on to day four and building the trim piece (a thanks to lowroll for telling me the proper name of trim piece and not a bezel) for the MBs that sit in the tray behind the seats. This was difficult because the trim piece needs to curve and the curve will not be at a 90 degree angle. I had to build this piece twice as the first did not fit as well as I had hoped.

This is the table and clamps I had to setup in order to cut the grooves for the curve

Posted Image

And the finished product. The mdf is 1/2 inch with 15/16 inch grooves 3/8 of an inch apart.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The dry fit looks like this

Posted Image

The curve was almost perfect.

Anyway, on to day five, yes... building that one trim piece took all day, 12 hours in fact.

So on day five we are covering the boxes and trim pieces with vinyl and installing.

Here are the boxes covered. The MBs box has the positive and negative distribution blocks as well as the crossovers for the rears mounted to it. The DCs box has the amps mounted to it. I also added a picture for how it is all situated in the hatch.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next we installed the subs

Posted Image

Mounted the rears to the front trim piece. I know the surface mount tweets look bad however I did not want to cut holes until I have the tweets I really want in there.

Posted Image

Here are the trim pieces installed over the MB and DC boxes

Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro, drum roll please. Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls... I present the finished product

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The sound is very good however I am really shocked at how much louder the DCs are even though I am driving them with the same amp that drove the MB Quart 10s. So there it is. Would like to hear what you think.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

vary clean, really like the color combo. The box and trim panels turned out awesome. I bet it slams off that hatch.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

Archived