well, thats what i was thinkin too, but when he was messin with the tuning and everything on bassbox pro, anything under 40 hz. for daily cuts of the higher freqs., so we figured 40 would be best since it gives the flattest response across the board, and as for the comp, im not sure what the exact freq. was but my resonance was in between 46 and 50, so woulsnt it be better to tune to my resonance freq.?this is my first serious setup, so im tryin to make somewhat of a statement with it being a daily driver too, im mainly doin this to prove to my friend i can be louder than him if i wanna be, and he's about to get his ass handed to him.

if anymore info is needed, just let me kow, and i'll be more than happy to get it.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

• 2 weeks later...

chevyboy, im gonna be gettin an ext. cab truck in the next couple weeks, i'll still be running the 9515 and all, just different vehicle. im wanting the loudest and best sounding system, i want to daily drive it and be able to run comps too. what would i have to do to bring my tuning up? maybe a dual port setup, or like two ports, one that i can slip in to raise my freq. then take it back out when i want to lower it back down?

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

i've done subs back and ports back ............. with subs up and ports up i have found true love in bass.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

in my jeep i have had it not hit as hard, i dunno if its just my car, but for some reason subs up and port up just make it a lot quieter ... but then again thats my car

yeah, for a jeep i would think subs up ports back would be best, but im not sure, so subs up ports up it is, im thinking this box may just be tuned for comp, and i'll just leave it out unless im going to a show.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

Archived