DD and AQ, vid and tl score on pg. 7

Well this build is gonna be slow since I won't have time to work on it until I'm home again which will be next month around thanksgiving. I'm trying to bounce back since everything got stolen. But this will be the cleanest and loudest install I have messed with. It's gonna be a DD 9518d powered by an AQ3500d. No wall but I'm getting rid of the backseat. It's all going in a 1997 extended cab silverado. I'll do my best to get progress pics but I cant guarantee anything other than finished pics. I might be able to get some pics from the last time I had it installed if anyone is interested.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

Just waiting on money man. As soon as insurance sends the check its all getting ordered, this isn't a wish list much closer to a backorder I guess you could say. All I need is the head unit and amp. But its cool man, if people think I'm giving a run around I'll post pics when the equipment arrives. Like I said this build isn't gonna get moving until I get home for thanksgiving. Once I start though it will be done in a matter of days. I'm in college two states away, that's why I cant jump on it and start now.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

I ordered everything yesterday and today so it should be waiting on me when I get home this weekend, I'll post pics Saturday. Me and a friend of mine are going to try and get everything done this weekend.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

• 1 month later...

took me a while to get the pics but here are a few. Its not done yet due to a couple set backs but i will hopefully get to work on it over Christmas break. I got it on the TL too, not the number I was expecting but I didn't build it for the numbers. Plus it was thrown in due to being short on time so I am hoping for higher numbers out it.

here's the beginning of deadening. I got about 15sq.ft. of dynamat for free basically so I decided to use it. All the rest of the deadening in the truck is SS damplifier pro.

deadening1.jpg

interior out of the truck with sub and box chillin

thebeast.jpg

me cleaning everything

teardown2.jpg

teardown3.jpg

the framing for the false floor. I will be making panels to hide this, this is just for sturdiness.

frame.jpg

and here's the sub and box in for a test fit

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

How big is your box?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

treo- Not yet. I had to bring my truck down to nashville so everythings out of it right now, it should hopefully go back in over christmas break though.

accord- It hasnt exactly had the easiest life, I'm gonna pull the sub back out when I bolt the box down so I might pretty it up then.

8ball- Its 5.5 cu.ft but there's some space on both sides where the "handles" are. I'm trying to figure out a way to take the walls out and close up the ends for more volume.

muddin- Its not as impresive as you would think, it gets the lows pretty insane but on the meter it lacks quite a bit. There wasnt any fine tuning done eithe though so hopefully I can get better numbers out of it. The highest I've gotten out of it on a burp was 145.9 sealed up on the dash, thats on stock electrical too.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

Archived