Battery Trouble? Fast Help Please.

Long story short, I have two batteries, 1 walmart battery that is 2 years old with a 3 year warranty, and 1 xs power d680 in the back. My car is starting, but having a lot of trouble doing so. I would next to guarantee that the walmart battery is dead and the d680 is taking over the role, but I am at my moms house with no tools or anything to check voltage. Does anyone know how good the walmart replacement plan is? Also does anyone think this could be something else? As soon as it starts up, which it does each time, it fires right up and my alt has no problem taking over....help?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

I would try taking it to a local auto parts store and getting them to check your resting voltage after disconecting the rear battery, if its normal, then it may be your starter, mine started doing that on my tacoma, it would start but it acted like it was weak and didnt wanna turn over the engine. Advance, autozone etc.. should be able to check your starter, alternator, and battery.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

I would try taking it to a local auto parts store and getting them to check your resting voltage after disconecting the rear battery, if its normal, then it may be your starter, mine started doing that on my tacoma, it would start but it acted like it was weak and didnt wanna turn over the engine. Advance, autozone etc.. should be able to check your starter, alternator, and battery.

alright...I'm gonna go do that right now...

If anyone else has any suggestions please leave them here for when I get back.

Thanks

-Mike

x2

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

im not sure, but may be the difference in resistance btw the 2 batts is causing this. theres probably less resistance to the xs battery you have in the rear, so your alternator may be charging that b4 you walmart battery upfront. causing your car to do w/e its doing.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

im not sure, but may be the difference in resistance btw the 2 batts is causing this. theres probably less resistance to the xs battery you have in the rear, so your alternator may be charging that b4 you walmart battery upfront. causing your car to do w/e its doing.

well the Autozone test should be able to show me that if it's the problem....

went to Advanced auto and a good looking audio shop...both are telling me the d680 is dead...fucking sucks...guess I need to buy a few xs power batteries soon

I'm thinking a d2700 or biggest that will fit up front, d680 where my other one is, and another big batt in back.

Edited by littleitaly1990