Sonic Electronix

ugh....i metered today....have question also

sooooooooooooooooooo, I metered today, and as I was pounding away, my box split, and it sounded like a set of drums in my trunk at full tilt.....

I hit 144.6 before the box broke apart........

everyone that has told me to burp, says to max out volume and use pause button, well i did that, and it sounded like crap, hit only 138. I turned the volume down to 24 out of 40, and it hit 144.6 before breaking the box..

I am using an audiocontrol four.1 eq with 9.5 volts rms, is this maybe why it sounded like crap at the higher volume?? should I disconnect the eq and use full volume?? HU has 4.0 volt pre outs...

Edited by Darksideofsound

its more then likely giving you a clipped signal. you dont have to use full volume. ur feeding 9.5 volts into ur amps?? that doesnt seem very safe. Can your amps handle 9v inputs???

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

sooooooooooooooooooo, I metered today, and as I was pounding away, my box split, and it sounded like a set of drums in my trunk at full tilt.....

everyone that has told me to burp, says to max out volume and use pause button, well i did that, and it sounded like crap, hit only 138. I turned the volume down to 24 out of 40, and it hit 144.6 before breaking the box..

I am using an audiocontrol four.1 eq with 9.5 volts rms, is this maybe why it sounded like crap at the higher volume?? should I disconnect the eq and use full volume?? HU has 4.0 volt pre outs...

set your gains correctly and you wont have any issues.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

no offense but if your box split then it wasn't built nearly good enough, and you are probably clipping to shit at 40 if you hit higher at 24 then 40....looks like you have a lot of problems to work out there...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

its more then likely giving you a clipped signal. you dont have to use full volume. ur feeding 9.5 volts into ur amps?? that doesnt seem very safe. Can your amps handle 9v inputs???

I'm looking that up right now, I think they can only handle 5v......I know I dont have to use full volume, and I wasn't on the eq, it was more of a testing issue, trying to find the sweet spots.

why do you have a preout voltage booster? 9v is a shitload to go into an amp. 4v is plenty enough to have as a preout voltage. and x2 on everyone else saying your clipping the shit out of the amp.

rmschartpm5.jpg

Edited by Krannyman92

no offense but if your box split then it wasn't built nearly good enough, and you are probably clipping to shit at 40 if you hit higher at 24 then 40....looks like you have a lot of problems to work out there...

I never clipped at 40, it just sounded like crap, when I turned the volume down to 24, it hit higher, so then I turned my gain up while still at volume 24 and then I clipped. I think it sounded better at 24 because my amp was getting more than the recommended amount of signal volts.

My box is an experimental box, i dont think it is crap, it just wasn't held together properly, or i had to much pressure in the box. we built it using 1.5" griping brad nails, just to try it. we used 2000 of them, plus we used liquid nails and we used fiber glass resin... I just think the brad nails were a bad idea, but the guy said it would work......