Internet Help... James ?

My internet is acting weird... ever since i formatted my computer its be doing it...

on majority of websites i cannot connect to them... it'll try to connect then it'll show a window that say "cannot connect" with a try again button "which i have tried"

BTW I USE FIREFOX...

sometimes i can connect to a site but it will only load 1/2 the page... like a page that will load some pictures and not the others... or it won't load the videos...

i already got all the microsoft windows update and defraged my hard drive..um.. i have erased my TEMP files.. i already got the windows media 11 update... i have no idea what else to do...

Thanks in Advance fellas..

are you using a router for your internet.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

yeah... i got an apple upstairs "and its doing the same thing" and an IBM.. downstairs...

Try rebooting your router. Another possibility is that something is flooding your internal network.

Also, is your internet connection (to your ISP) DSL or Cable? If it's cable, there's a small possibility that someone on your hub is draining the available bandwidth (and it's just coincidental that it happened after you formatted).

If you reboot the router, and it does not resolve the issue, and your on cable, then contact your provider and see if they notice anything odd on their end (if it's Time Warner, abandon all hope). Generally though cable companies will cap excessive bandwidth usage, yours may not however.

Let us know if rebooting the router helps, don't be afraid to pull the power on it :P

Edited by Dovienya

just unplug your power cable to the router. If it continues try using a freinds router or buy another one. That sounds like the problem.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

reinstall your drivers

Megalo, if it's happening on more than one machine, then more than likely drivers are not the issue (especially as one is a mac). Troubleshoot the single point of failure first. :)

It could be a queue/cache problem on the router, which rebooting might fix. Otherwise it could be a bandwidth limitation that is causing his connections to time out. His ISP could have implemented a misconfigured QoS policy on their side. Or any number of things....

But try the simple stuff first. :]

Just thought of something, is your network wireless? If so, installed any new electrical appliances or a new wireless phone lately?

Edited by Dovienya

Megalo, if it's happening on more than one machine, then more than likely drivers are not the issue (especially as one is a mac). Troubleshoot the single point of failure first. :)

It could be a queue/cache problem on the router, which rebooting might fix. Otherwise it could be a bandwidth limitation that is causing his connections to time out. His ISP could have implemented a misconfigured QoS policy on their side. Or any number of things....

But try the simple stuff first. :]

Just thought of something, is your network wireless? If so, installed any new electrical appliances or a new wireless phone lately?

well i don't turned it off then on... still the same stuff... but i did upgrade my phone about a week or so ago... could that be a problem ? its not like i got a new service plan.. just a different phone...

i went to the linksys settings in the isp numbers... and was messing with some stuff and it helped a lil... not sure what i really did but i think the settings were configured all weird...