Sonic Electronix

Crazy ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 2 15"s and a 10 " or 2 10"s and a 15" sub ?

• 2 15" subs and 10" sub
    • 2 10" subs and 15" sub

instead of buying a bigger cap (which does nothing basically, i know i have one) get a better alternator and battery

and if u could define good budget we can show u products that will fit that budget

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

So bascially...

If i do do the 2 15"s (audiopipe all da way) and a 10" (audioipe)...i would need another amp or id have to sell my 1200 watt one and buy a bigger prob 2000 or 2400 watt amp right ? and that would just be enough to prob power the two 15"s....then id also need another cap if i did this idk how big...

So what if i did just the 2 15"s..(audioipe when i find another same like mine already)

Would it sound good ? without the 10" or would 10" make it sound better because it would give it mid bass ?

because yall said just stick to like 2 15"s and all that stuff and im tryin to figure how to be smart about this and not spend O.D money and have nice sounding truck...

but everyone voteing for me to do the 2 15"s and 10".....but i would need way bigger amp and another cap or way bigger cap...right ?

but if i only did the 2 15"s and had door speakers dash speakers and tweeters it would sound nice and clean and i would be able to turn it up...but i would still need bigger amp and cap wouldnt i ?

Like i am just trying to figure out what a good set up would be since i already have 1 15" audioipe sub in box and 1200 watt directed amp and a 1.5 farad cap....i know if i just put door speakers in and way back speakers in and tweeters or w.e it would sound awsome because i had just the 15" and my amp and cap it was loud and sounded awsome jsut i wanted more...(yeah i think i caught that dang bug...lol) but i want to be able to turn it up and listen to music also...

so just trying to figure out a good set up i could get/use for my truck on a good budget...(all audiopipes..subs)...and would sound great....

i know wat yall been saying the whole time but anyone remind me then and say some good set ups to go along with my stuff

or should i just stay and get door speakers and dash speakers tweeters and way back speakers ?

thanks everyone... :D

AudioPipe amps, MAYBE, you should try another subwoofer brand. I can guarantee you that 1200 watt subwoofer wont take much more then 600 daily. You are kinda now doing the same thing you did with Kicker with AudioPipe.

Ditch the capacitor idea. One of the biggest things you should stay away from. Invest into a second battery.

Also, lose the 10" and 2 15" sub idea. Pick one of the other. Unless you have some serious fiberglass skills or dont care if the subwoofer box in the middle looks like shit, drop that idea. You will be thankful of this in the long run.

Sound deadening is a butyl adhesive with a foil plating on the top to reduce sound vibration. It makes the metal less tingy. Ever hear of DynaMat? Thats what it is.

But seriously, do some research. Lay low, sit back and read read read.

AudioPipe amps, MAYBE, you should try another subwoofer brand. I can guarantee you that 1200 watt subwoofer wont take much more then 600 daily. You are kinda now doing the same thing you did with Kicker with AudioPipe.

Ditch the capacitor idea. One of the biggest things you should stay away from. Invest into a second battery.

Also, lose the 10" and 2 15" sub idea. Pick one of the other. Unless you have some serious fiberglass skills or dont care if the subwoofer box in the middle looks like shit, drop that idea. You will be thankful of this in the long run.

Sound deadening is a butyl adhesive with a foil plating on the top to reduce sound vibration. It makes the metal less tingy. Ever hear of DynaMat? Thats what it is.

But seriously, do some research. Lay low, sit back and read read read.

if he uses a pair of 10's or even 8's as mid bass for his front stage it would also be nice..... but then again that requires speaker pods and what not...... just listen to ppl man, seems like your stuck on what u want to do and arent taking any advise. theres some very smart ppl on here that know what theyre doing.

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

alright read read read what im doing...so many ideas you know its crazy...

so no bigger cap you say better altenator or battery...alright ill look and see what i can find...

i said i like kicker and audiopipe but they said not to mix and match subs and since i already have 1 15" audiopipe sub i said well lets go audiopipe all the way...

Also, lose the 10" and 2 15" sub idea. Pick one of the other. Unless you have some serious fiberglass skills or dont care if the subwoofer box in the middle looks like shit, drop that idea. You will be thankful of this in the long run. alright well i think if i did do the 10 and the 2 15"s i would make it look good like if i ever did that idea i wouldnt just set them back there that would make look stupid but sound good...i want looks and sound...so yeah i would do some stuff and make them look good...and customize it a little...

So why am i exactly sopposse to lose the idea of the 2 15"s and 10" ? just because it would look like crap just wondering?

thats what it sounded like...

to answer the dynamat yes i have heard of that stuff it reduces vibration and everything theres already some in my truck because when i start pulling some stuff off and looking to see what sizes the doors and everything the wy back walls and all around the speakers in the back (6x9 ones) its all around them already and stuff i have heard about it and i will prob. get more of it just to cover front if not already there havent got to dig to much in front...

to answer other guy yeah the 10" would be for mid bass.....and make it sound better...

....lol...wow grabs some popcorn..comon im reading and reading trying to learn and find out stuff about speakers all day also today...just wanting to ask that crap...no bashing..just tell me and so i get them answers lol...and figure why yall think way yall do...bout my idea

ima try and shed some light on this situation

the 2 15's and 1 ten idea. it would work. it would be cool but is hard to get right so that is sounds good and looks even better. a lot of work with cross overs and imaging and such totally not worth it imo.

buy another audiopipe 15 to save on cash. sell the amp u have now for more cash. upgrade ur alt and ditch the cap. buy a good amp. buy a set of components for up front and ur golden.

most likely doing that will result in much better sound but prolly more expensive.

great audio hurts the wallet, cheap audio hurts the ears.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ima try and shed some light on this situation

the 2 15's and 1 ten idea. it would work. it would be cool but is hard to get right so that is sounds good and looks even better. a lot of work with cross overs and imaging and such totally not worth it imo.

buy another audiopipe 15 to save on cash. sell the amp u have now for more cash. upgrade ur alt and ditch the cap. buy a good amp. buy a set of components for up front and ur golden.

most likely doing that will result in much better sound but prolly more expensive.

great audio hurts the wallet, cheap audio hurts the ears.

cheap audio hurts ears<---lol i like true that

alright man thanks...yeah prob trying to make it sound good would be hard if i did it would take a little more time but i am gonna go after the other 15" for now and...figure how much i should sell my amp for...i really dont know...i guess ill search them up and see...because no matter what i do ima need a bigger amp right ? lol...but that 10" will always be in my mind but ill see how the other 15" and the 4x6's and 4x10's sound with them when i put them in and if i need 10" ill do it if not yeah i saved me money right lol ? :drinks:

Archived