any tips for bondo?

well i have my a pillars all fiberglassed up and now its time for the body filler. does anyone have any tips that might help me out before i get started this afternoon? thanks in advance

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Don't use bondo. Use something like evercoat, and use a good glaze.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

have everything prepared before you mix in the hardener, you will only have a few minutes to work with it before it becomes un-workable. also there is a "green stage" when its curing in which it is easiest to sand (where it is hardened enough to sand, but hasnt fully hardened. this will save you alot of sanding later on lol)

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

is bondo absolutly no good? i ask because i already have it, but if not then i guess ill try something else. can the evercoat be bought at a auto parts store.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I cant compare it to anything else first hand, but I've used bondo on several occasions with no ill-effects (door-pods, body work, pillers, sub boxes)

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

if you still have some resin mix a little bit in with your filler it will be easier to smooth out.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

My 2 cents....

Work in small amounts, that way there will be little waste. And when everyone say it will only be a minute or two before it is unworkable they are not joking. So try small amount to start with to see how well you work with it and go from there.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Its very "unique" to work with, (if you havent worked with it before) like you'll mix it up and be spreading it out, then almost instantly it will just hit this stage where becomes unworkable. you'll have maybe 5 minutes at most. like sodfamily said, only mix small portions at a time so your not left with a bucket of hardened bondo lol

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

finally a question to which I have an answer since i run a bodyshop.. If you want something that is great then use rage gold it is a superior "bondo" that will sand nicely and have minimal pinholes if you need something cheaper most part store sell bondo which is ok but not the greatest if you want something that is better try your local auto body paint store we have alot in my area you should have a few, icing is good for final coats.so is metal glaze if you use less hardener it will stay workable for a longer period but will be runny depending on the humidity

when u mix it scoop it up and push down and keep doin that till its mixed. keeps the air bubbles out

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056