Box for 2 BTL 18's

Building a box for a buddy for 2 BTL 18's.We have 17 cubes net......The subs will be run off Memphis Mojo 4k...Question I have is.We are looking to tune to 32hz.The port will be 12x12 at 6.5 inch's long.Does this sound right to everybody????The port is alittle on the small side.But will this work o.k.???If not what do I need to change.Been into car audio a long time(over 20 years) and had a pretty good street 3-4 db drag car back in 2000...Just never messed with subs this big...

boyd4.jpg?t=1269745309

Dual DC Power 270XP's

One XS Power S3400

Four XS Power D3100's

Soundigital 12kd

Four DC Audio 15XL's

Atomic 504

Kicker Mid's and High's

One SoftTop Jeep Wrangler

TNESPL-152.5

DB DRAG-153.2

ON THE ROAD TO "55"

The usual rule for port area is 12 to 16 square inches per cubic foot. What you have now is about 8.5 sq. in. per cube. You might wanna go alittle bigger.

There's a good calculator on the 12 Volt.com: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Building a box for a buddy for 2 BTL 18's.We have 17 cubes net......The subs will be run off Memphis Mojo 4k...Question I have is.We are looking to tune to 32hz.The port will be 12x12 at 6.5 inch's long.Does this sound right to everybody????The port is alittle on the small side.But will this work o.k.???If not what do I need to change.Been into car audio a long time(over 20 years) and had a pretty good street 3-4 db drag car back in 2000...Just never messed with subs this big...

I would do at least 14.5x14.5 to get you the bare minimum if you want a square port. 200sq inches should be good, but with 2kw per sub you would have no problem doing quite a bit more port area. Sounds like you could do 16ft net and do a 16x16" port. That would be my suggestion- good luck.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I've come up with a 15x15 inch port 14.95 inchs long.Which will still put the end of the port 15 inchs off the back wall of the box.We will try the port at 225sq inch's and go from there...This will be a street pounder and hair tricker I hope

boyd4.jpg?t=1269745309

Dual DC Power 270XP's

One XS Power S3400

Four XS Power D3100's

Soundigital 12kd

Four DC Audio 15XL's

Atomic 504

Kicker Mid's and High's

One SoftTop Jeep Wrangler

TNESPL-152.5

DB DRAG-153.2

ON THE ROAD TO "55"