Sonic Electronix

Ok so the fuse in my power wire keeps blowing.. im not sure why its big enough i thought they were to small so i put a 100 amp fuse in and my amp only needs 90 so im not sure why it does it...i know my power wire isnt grounding out. if it helps my speaker wire gets kinda warm idk if that has something to do with it but yea.. please help

lol, my mtx 500d has 3 25amp fuses so its 75amps n i kept blowing 80amp fuses, so i went with a 150amp fuse n all that stopped, might not be big enough or a bad ground not lettin current flow correctly,

check inside ur box n make sure ur speaker wires connected good cause it its barally on there it will make it ark n send a short into amp causeing it to blow a fuse, what kinda amp n ohm load are u running? and how big speaker wire?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

its an spl amp 2000 watts mite push 1000 on a good day haha and its got 3 30 amp fuses not a good amp but free and i have 8 awg speaker wire so its big enough. and my ground should be good i grinded it to bare metal and used a bold to tightin it down

Edited by CMFR1

are you talking about ur fuse thats near the battery? also what size wire are you using? what equipment are you using? how much total wattage? its highly NOT recommended to increase the fuse size.... unless off course you know exactly how much amps its pulling..

if a fuse is blowing, then somthing is shorting... you may be at risk for damaging some of your equip...

its somewhat normal for speaker wire to be warm... cuz its amplified power coming out of those wires... you may wna try to go with bigger wire...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

will its the fuse in my trunk. i have a distribution block cuz im running 2 amps. on sub and and one speaker amp.both amps have different fuses..i have 4 gadge goin to the back. i have a spl 2000 wat mono block amp not sure model. and im running 2 dc audio 12'' lvl 3. the speaker amp is a PG 150x4

we will just assume a 2000 rms( might be a bit much)

2000 watts 80% efficency := 2000/.8 = 2500 watts

using the crest factor (of pick noise for avg) := 2500/4= 625

divide that by a minumum voltage of 12 := 625/12 = 52.083 amps

so the 90 you have should be good....there may be something else wrong I dunno where to begin to tell you to look besides checking to see if there is a stray wire from the speaker connections

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg