Sonic Electronix

spl in a station wagon versus 2dr civic hatch

You just can't take a box out of a car that does a certain number and expect that by putting it in a smaller car it will be louder.....I've had boxes in my Burban that I've swapped out into the cab of my S10's extended cab and it sounded like ass... Gained maybe 1- 1/2db's but not the magic "jump" I was looking for by moving everything to a smaller space.

My S10 likes to tuned alot higher then the Burban.

Best bet would be to build a box that is tuned to your honda and then put the equipment you have in the Wagon and see what it does.

:8)

x2 Ur best bet is gonna be a wall in the civic, although it gonna look funny with just 2 12's in it, Thats the only way i see you producing 150's on music with 2 12's in either vehicle, although its not impossible to do it out of the trunk, Burps are a different story though, well that and an ass load of power, The wagon has to much cabin area and is gonna peak substantialy lower than the civic, My guess high 40's to low 50hz range in the civic and prolly high 30's in the wagon, A buddy of mine has a wagon with 16 cvr 12's sealed up in his wagon and it loves the lows although it plays pretty flat across all frequencies (sp?) My vote goes for wall and gobs of power in the civic :)

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

In the forsale section here someone is selling a D9 from RD, I have no exp with them but they look great and for what he's asking it seems like a great deal. Look at all the threads pertaining to areaports and crx's and civic like vehicles. You'll see they almost all do numbers that even I have hard time understanding, there's something about small cars and those setups that are sick.