DC Sound Lab

DC subs to choose...:)

OK, I'm in the middle of building my 1st real planned out system. I just bought 2 sundown sae-1200d's (check ebay as a lot of them are listed BNIB if anyone is looking for fairly affordable amps in the 150-200 price range) so now I have to decide on what subs to buy. I was looking at lvl 4's or lvl4 xl's, but leaning to the xl's as I may upgrade to more power in the future...Thanks.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

if you are sure you are going to get more power, spend a little more and get the xl.

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Yeah...I will probaly upgrade to a 3000-4000 watt rms amp within the yr (fosgate t4000, sundown 3000d, or dc if I get enuf money:)), but thats not a definite as I'm paying thru college and it seems surprise set backs like popping up....The only problem I'm trying to avoid is buying a sub and having to upgrade later down the road and shelling out more money:( but thnks for input so far :) fast and friendly

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Oh and to clarify this will be mainly for daily listening and showing ppl how good dc is :hairtrick:...may will try and do comps l8a on but thats after more power and a lot of tweaking to my car and install as I'm still sort of a newbie:(

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

yea if ur gunna upgrade go xls, saves future money

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

So if no amp upgrade no one would suugest xls? reason i ask is the lvl 4's r rated at 1000 watts rms and the xl's 1500 and my current amps put out rite at that halfway mark about...so was curious as to the reasons one would choose one over the other...how do the two compare between output and lows? sorry to be bothersome, but not being able to hear any dc subs beforehand I want to try and get as much input as I can. I know it mostly depends on the install, but trying to have the best bottom line possible for a good sq/spl setup and work my way up from there...Thanks!

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

OK, I'm in the middle of building my 1st real planned out system. I just bought 2 sundown sae-1200d's (check ebay as a lot of them are listed BNIB if anyone is looking for fairly affordable amps in the 150-200 price range) so now I have to decide on what subs to buy. I was looking at lvl 4's or lvl4 xl's, but leaning to the xl's as I may upgrade to more power in the future...Thanks.

XL! if you are even thinking about more power now, you will want more in the future for sure :)

the lvl 4 are awesome...my buddy has 2 10's and they hit NICE......be he is also going to upgrade in a few months..

you got 2 SD 1200...go with the XL's

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg