Is a Oldsmobile Intrigue a reliable car?

It has 146k miles, well maintained with the records supposingly, just seeing if it is a good car. The ad I found it at is below, it has pictures/price to give a general idea of the condition. I plan to test dtive it soon, so what do I need to look for/listen/feel while driving? The car is 2 hours from my house so i cant really take it to a known mechanic. I kinda need this car to be very reliable cuz its gonna hold my btl setup.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1248919348.html

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

throws some d's on that bitch

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

lol, but for that price, should i even look at it, or its just likely that its not going to last long?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

It has 146k miles, well maintained with the records supposingly, just seeing if it is a good car. The ad I found it at is below, it has pictures/price to give a general idea of the condition. I plan to test dtive it soon, so what do I need to look for/listen/feel while driving? The car is 2 hours from my house so i cant really take it to a known mechanic. I kinda need this car to be very reliable cuz its gonna hold my btl setup.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1248919348.html

Just make sure to test out the tranny and make sure there isnt any slipping or big "clunks" when going between gears. Make sure to look undernearth it for leaks and such. Take off the oil cap and give it a little gas to make sure its a constant "blow" of air, that tests to see if its missing any cylinders. Check the dipstick for bubbles... bubbles = bad lol. Um make sure to check the bolts underneath hood for any "newish" looking, basically signs maybe it has been wrecked. Also look down both sides of the car to make sure its all even and no curves, another side of possible wreckage.

I dunno thats a few things to look for when buying a used car like that, good luck man.

Edited by SocoJoe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

also since its a 2 hour drive from where ur at, dont feel pressured to by it right away, give it a few days thought and then make ur final decision, u might end up finding something beter and closer.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
knew someone who had one...

drove the thing hard as shit!!

lasted to 300k miles!!

3500 series II engines are fuckin beasts and "bulletproof" sorry for the late posts im reading literally every off topic topic lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.