Second Skin Audio

dd9512 enclosure

^??? I know by using less area its easier to go lower. But thats exactly what i don't want to do... I don't want port noise. I want 16-20sq inches per 1cu.ft of box. I need someone to help me and answer the post before this one.

DD's are very strict on their square inches of port. Try to be as close to spec as posiblly or you will get so to say poor output volume.

i honestly don't think one person had read anything on this thread. Please read from start to finish to answer my questions. I haven't got one solid answer.

03 350Z

if you have bucket seats in the rear i would fire sub up and port back making sure to have the same gap between the port face of the box and the back wall as you do in the port itself. make the box 2.75 cubes gross. make a 31-32 sq. in. port 22 inches long and you should be able to shake some shit up with that.

Thank you very much sir! I will look into doing that! I just hate having to drop my sq inches of port area. i really want it do be somewhere around 40-50 but i dunno if i have the space to make a 33 and above inches in length for my port. Thanks for being so kind as to give me some advice and some dimensions to actually go off of. I have a box now after sub and port its 2.77cu.ft. port is 3x10. It gets really loud but not a really nice low note. I get hella port noise and its only a dd2512. How will the dd9512 react to the same box?

03 350Z

right now my sub is back and port is down. And its pretty loud! I have surprised a few people. So you think sub up port back would sound best? What about sub down port back? Or sub forward port back? I know its best for the port to have something to rebound off of. Im just trying to thing what would sound the best. I think either port front or back would be the best. I just need to see which one is best for getting loud and then which way would be best for the woofer. Down, back, front, or up.

03 350Z

right now my sub is back and port is down. And its pretty loud! I have surprised a few people. So you think sub up port back would sound best? What about sub down port back? Or sub forward port back? I know its best for the port to have something to rebound off of. Im just trying to thing what would sound the best. I think either port front or back would be the best. I just need to see which one is best for getting loud and then which way would be best for the woofer. Down, back, front, or up.

unfortunately, there are no guarantees when it comes to mobile acoustics..their are too many factors involved for any form of measurement to be 100 percent accurate. i know it's a hard pill to swallow but it basically comes down to using the formulas you are confident in, hands on experience (which can only be attained through large sums of money and time ) and good ole trial and error. i usually sum this process up by the abbreviation W.O.W (waste of wood). the pursuit of great sound becomes extremely addictive especially when experimenting with a great sub with so much potential like a DD. And in answer to your question about how the 9512 would do in the same box, my answer would be louder due to the increased sensitivity of the 9500 series subs compared to the 2500 series (88db vrs. 89db). Plus the 9500 series subs have twice the power handling due to larger voice coils and numerous other factors. try not to get anxious through out the project, instead enjoy yourself throughout the entire experience and have fun.

well i agree with you 100 percent. The box i have now isn't made the best it doesn't have 45s in the port or on any wall for that matter. Its not braced. Its just a box i threw together and i have been messing with. I need to go back through it and put the 45 in the port. And brace from side to side and see what i gain. I know it wont hurt. Do you think i should go ahead and redo the port 15x3 to make the actual sq. ft of the box match closer to the sq. inches of port? Its only 30 now and i get way to much noise during a real low note. Im going to build another box in the near future for for just to see what i can come up with. Yes it is in fact addicting! I am already thinking of giving this ole 1200d a rest that i have had for 7 years. Im thinking of getting something around 1500. Its just hard to give something up thats never let you down. Thanks again for putting time into your response and giving your opinion. Hope to see you around the forum.

03 350Z