Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Flat/low profile 8's


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a new little project for my ride I want to try. Got a Focal 3 way going on up front with some ridiculous kick panels for my 6.5's....

5249090014_large.jpg

But I want a little more midbass up front and I have been thinking about an 8 in each door. I never did it before because it's a Mercedes and even though I really don't care about cutting it I want the style to at least fit. If I used a regular 8 the door pod would look all weird and poke out too much. With a low profile 8 I can do a fairly flush install and get a really impressive look. Anyone try these? Obviously not gonna be looking for major SPL but I want to bring some real bass to the front stage. Gonna be running a Zapco 3.0 to them so power should not be an issue. Got a 4.0 for the mids and a 9.0 for the beats if it matters.

Ideas, suggestions? Anyone know which is the best?

PS. I can get almost a cube because of the design of the dor so I can use almost any 8 I have found.

Starting From Scratch!!

Posted

Utopia 3ways??

Does the kick have a back? Sealed pod?

Polyfill the pod?

I think I'd do a great 6"midbass before I ever put an 8 in my Mbz door

or 6 in the door mid in the kick. Which is how I'm doing my Mbz

the structure of the door is great for midbass

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted
Utopia 3ways??

Does the kick have a back? Sealed pod?

Polyfill the pod?

I think I'd do a great 6"midbass before I ever put an 8 in my Mbz door

or 6 in the door mid in the kick. Which is how I'm doing my Mbz

the structure of the door is great for midbass

THe kicks are completely sealed and braced. They are real large so no polyfill, it has tremendous midbass but I want to bring some sub to the front stage. When its all said and done the door will almost look factory as I will still have my 4 in the door and the 5 that was in the door below stock has an 8" grill which is where the new 8 or possibly 9 (Morel Audio) will go. Basically I want to be able to still have a great sounding system WITH deep bass when I turn my woofers off in traffic, neighborhoods, etc. Just need some more low end.

Again the midbass is great and actually shakes the floor but there is no low end punch.

Starting From Scratch!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...