Second Skin Audio

?port And Volume?

had001

i've never built a box before but i'm tinkn about it. i just bought me two RFT212D2 and it said to be tuned at 40hz, does the box have to be tuned at 40hz and why? how would you know how long/wide your port has to be if you want your box to be tuned to 40hz? also is the volume of the port included with the box volume or is it seperate? is it important to get on the dot volume of the requiered box volume?

i've never built a box before but i'm tinkn about it. i just bought me two RFT212D2 and it said to be tuned at 40hz, does the box have to be tuned at 40hz and why? how would you know how long/wide your port has to be if you want your box to be tuned to 40hz? also is the volume of the port included with the box volume or is it seperate? is it important to get on the dot volume of the requiered box volume?

yea, the box (or port..however u wanna look at it) has to be tuned to 40hz. as far as port dimensions, there are calculators and stuff for that, but once you figure up your box dimensions then we can help you with all of that when the time comes. as far as volume....say you have a 4 cubic foot box without any subs or port added (gross volume). you have to subtract the sub displacement, say .25cft for example, and your port displacement, say 1cft for exampe...so your net volume is 2.75cubic feet. and you should try and be as accurate as possible with your volume b/c if you arent then your tuning frequency can change.

i likes me some audio stuff...

yea, the box (or port..however u wanna look at it) has to be tuned to 40hz. as far as port dimensions, there are calculators and stuff for that, but once you figure up your box dimensions then we can help you with all of that when the time comes. as far as volume....say you have a 4 cubic foot box without any subs or port added (gross volume). you have to subtract the sub displacement, say .25cft for example, and your port displacement, say 1cft for exampe...so your net volume is 2.75cubic feet. and you should try and be as accurate as possible with your volume b/c if you arent then your tuning frequency can change.

thanks i l measure my trunk 2marrow n c what i got to work with.

Archived