:: spl4life's 97' Toyota T-100 aka IceBox :: My First Real Build *update Pg.5 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp is in!!!*

Dude, you'll do fine even if you dont have the components sets in yet, those pods are lookin' tight good job, to bad I'm not in the area anymore to help out.

Do work! Get those pods covered! ;)

yea i jus realized that i dont need the componet sets in to win sound-off.. lol... im going to wrap the box/amprack tonite... it will be my first time working with bondo and contact cement..

anybody have any tips??

ill finish off the pods if i got time.. the kick panel pods are wrapd and waitin for glass...

competition is this saturday.. ill see how well i do...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

man thats a sweet ass build. im loving how everything is going. i want an ext cab truck to put nice system back there too lol. oh and go asians :)

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

ive always wanted to do an 18 in a t-line.

its awesome... i wanna try tuning it lower... to like somewhere between 27-35hz... i got another lvl5 18".. mayb ill try it out with that... XD

Are you guys in Hawaii ?

nope... i live on Saipan... Its real close to Guam... we dont have car shows or sound-off comps here often... this Saturday is our first sound-off comp in 2 years... its my first comp.. guys got any tips?

man thats a sweet ass build. im loving how everything is going. i want an ext cab truck to put nice system back there too lol. oh and go asians :)

Thanks man.. i love trucks... my girl only complains that she cant lean the seat all the way back... lol... i told her "okay.. ill make it a blow-through so i can still have back seats..."

and yes....

Pinoy Pride... XD

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

micahmye hertz pack

ive done a couple t lines 15 and 18s both i posted on here and i have bulit a few others as well i wouldnt try doing a tline for and 18 in an extended cab unless you have 40+ inches high or the roof will choke the boxes output and tuning tlines high doesnt really work out to well tlines work very well on lower tuning tlines have a harder time playing anything above 45 hz cleanly thought i could share something

to me the 18 tline i bulit was useless in my truck but it did work out better in a buddies 01 yukon

the build looks good despite the box desgin all the wood work looks very good!!!

Roseville, CA

ive done a couple t lines 15 and 18s both i posted on here and i have bulit a few others as well i wouldnt try doing a tline for and 18 in an extended cab unless you have 40+ inches high or the roof will choke the boxes output and tuning tlines high doesnt really work out to well tlines work very well on lower tuning tlines have a harder time playing anything above 45 hz cleanly thought i could share something

to me the 18 tline i bulit was useless in my truck but it did work out better in a buddies 01 yukon

the build looks good despite the box desgin all the wood work looks very good!!!

ive only built 2 tlines - my first for a pair of 10s and this 18... the 10s were tuned down to 30hz... great response and hit suprisingly hard for 125 watts each... i tuned my current box to 40 cuz of size restrictions and i believe thats what the bass boost freq. for my sub amp is at...

thanks man...

Very nice build. Looks like it gets pretty loud.

thanks man...

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

micahmye hertz pack

another update

Posted Image

Posted Image

some aluminum foil....

alil bit of masking tape...

one cardboard box...

and a heat lamp...

equals...

Make shift bake box!

lol...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was losing some heat so.... i fixd it with some newspaper...

Posted Image

now for the kick panel pods...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

these pods are alrdy wraped... and wait for glass... i switched my prioritys to getting the box/amp rack carpeted...

Posted Image

Posted Image

mann lvl 5s are a b*tch to get out of the box...

Posted Image

jus for size comparison... lvl 5s are f***n huge...

Posted Image

this is my first time carpeting a box... or anything for that matter... lol...

Posted Image

Posted Image

i apologize for the bad pics the are taken from my blackberry... and my battery died... soo ill take more pics when i can...

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

micahmye hertz pack

Archived