Weightlifting/ Workout

Hey, I just want to discuss something "totally related" to this thread....... but since this is not a straight up BB'ing forum, maybe it shouldn't have its own thread......

Roids. It just drives me freaking crazy that "every single Youtube vid" which shows an IFBB pro, turns into a "all about roids" thread.

I know that roids "can" make a big difference. But not always. Some people are just not "strong responders"..... often, most likely, the very same people who do not make easy (or at least average) natural gains.

You can take this opinion, or leave it, but I'd bet my truck, that Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Zack King Kahn, or for that matter, pretty much any IFBB pro, would likely get bigger than most of you..... certainly bigger than me, with us on roids, and them not.

People just constantly seem to overlook the importance of natural muscle building / fat cutting genetics !

I commonly see guys who don't even work out, who are more muscular, and defined than I am ! Yes, most of them are 18-24 yo black guys. No, I'm not hating. On the contrary, I'm envious as shit ! I wish I could just "look at weights" and blow the fuck up ! But when you are old, white, and have shit genetics, it just doesn't work that way.

One other thing; For every huge, ripped guy, of which you "correctly guess" is on roids, I am convinced that their are 2 or 3 more, who are also on roids, but of whom either, do not work out consistently enough, or eat correctly...... or, IMPO just don't have the genetics to look like Jay or Ronnie !

For the record, I'm not completely against roids (except maybe for guys under 30 yo, or females). I just don't think they are quite the silver bullet that a lot of guys think they are.

You are correct. Genetics play a huge role in any type of bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman etc.

Hence: ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph.

AAS have such a bad name because the studies are just not there...it is such an untested field.

The problem with young 20's doing AAS, is that they are half retarded. If they had a doctor help them, they would suffer virtually no long term consequences.

>Anyone here into body weight exercises like pull ups and push ups? When weather warms up me and a friend find a park and just do pull ups for hours mixed in with weights at the gym through out the week. It yeilds pretty good results I'm really defined from it worth a shot!

lockquote>Pull-ups are worth your time of course. Push-ups, even though they seem to put direct stress on the pec and tricep, they are one of the few outliers in that they are not generally beneficial for strength nor mass. a conundrum.

>I do CrossFit. I absolutley love it. Ive had so much of a feeling/body change every single day and i go at LEAST 5 times a week. I went from a little fat kid to a medium sized kid. Im glad i started as early as i did because my plan is to compete in the crossfit games in 2 years. Next year will be a trial/ training thing for me.

My hero is rich froning :D. Lol

If you want to be competitive, some strength training will greatly benefit you.

I do CrossFit. I absolutley love it. Ive had so much of a feeling/body change every single day and i go at LEAST 5 times a week. I went from a little fat kid to a medium sized kid. Im glad i started as early as i did because my plan is to compete in the crossfit games in 2 years. Next year will be a trial/ training thing for me.

My hero is rich froning :D. Lol

I plan on doing cross fit after my cut. I hear awesome things about it but I haven't personally done it. I plan on doing it after my cut though!
Awesome things like what?

For anyone looking for Advice, I spend the majority of my time studying kinesiology and nutrition. Health and fitness is my passion while car audio is my hobby.

Anyone looking for DIRECT training or diet advice, feel free to drop me a message.

Just how much fun it can get after getting into the routine and the swing of things. Also the the benefits it reaps combining high intensity with the weight training. I have heard the consequences it can bring with over-training while doing it.

overtraining is a myth. Training incorrectly is very real. many shoddy "trainers" that promote hundreds of deadlifts and jerks are the problem in crossfit. Crossfit in itself can be okay.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Used to. Thats my main background. PR's are 515 bench, 540ish squat, and 600 dead. I am nowhere near those numbers any more, as injuries have taken their toll. How old are you, and whats your height, weight, bf%?

I figured. Your abundant knowledge was hinting towards that path. But those lifts are crazy!if you don't mind me asking; gear?

I'm 18 years, 5'11 190@12% last time I got checked. Probably more like 13-14 that I've been bulking.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Actually only used legal supplements and prohormones at the time. And ate like a fucking horse.

Your lifts are good for your age and weight. Pretty low BF too. Keep doing what you're doing, you got a few good years of natural hormones left.

I don't know your body structure/type, but as a rule of thumb, its ok to let bf% go up if you want to add strength, but keep it below 18%.

What are your 3 max's right now? And have you heard of or tried wave training?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

He has more than a few years of good hormones left, his hormones aren't even near peaking yet as far as maximal test production is concerned. how many guys in their 20's do you see as IFBB pro's?

Got any pics of you at 5'11 190, probably look pretty dope if you're truly 13-14% bodyfat.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Actually only used legal supplements and prohormones at the time. And ate like a fucking horse.

Your lifts are good for your age and weight. Pretty low BF too. Keep doing what you're doing, you got a few good years of natural hormones left.

I don't know your body structure/type, but as a rule of thumb, its ok to let bf% go up if you want to add strength, but keep it below 18%.

I'm trying out a brosplit at the moment Just to see how that goes and if I'm not getting sufficient gains I'll switch to something like macdows.

Right now I'm at a 290 bench, 405 squat pretty close to depth(never seen my squat but I've been told its Just about there) and 405 pull.

Deadlift is lagging because I tore a muscle in my lower back last year from improper form. I'm Working on it though. I've been doing sumo because conventional still gives me back pain.

And I was watching a video about wave training is that where you keep adding weight and back down when you plateau then add again?

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

I'm trying out a brosplit at the moment Just to see how that goes and if I'm not getting sufficient gains I'll switch to something like macdows.

Right now I'm at a 290 bench, 405 squat pretty close to depth(never seen my squat but I've been told its Just about there) and 405 pull.

Deadlift is lagging because I tore a muscle in my lower back last year from improper form. I'm Working on it though. I've been doing sumo because conventional still gives me back pain.

And I was watching a video about wave training is that where you keep adding weight and back down when you plateau then add again?

Not bad at all man. Im off to class, i'll give you advice anytime though. I'll explain the wave cycle I use as well. Later.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Post a video of your deadlift form. Your pain could very well be from improper form rather than something torn. If it is from something torn in your back, then continuing to deadlift would be a bad idea as it could harm you PERMANENTLY.

post a video of your squat too.

Solid numbers though.

Not bad at all man. Im off to class, i'll give you advice anytime though. I'll explain the wave cycle I use as well. Later.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll pop in here later and maybe we can speak some more!

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Post a video of your deadlift form. Your pain could very well be from improper form rather than something torn. If it is from something torn in your back, then continuing to deadlift would be a bad idea as it could harm you PERMANENTLY.

post a video of your squat too.

Solid numbers though.

The doctor I went to concluded it was a small tear and I was in physical therapy for months.That was last year and I've only recently begun pulling again.

And I know it seems like I don't squat to depth because of my deadlift Max but I can assured you it's pretty darn close :)

I try my best to have perfect form bow though, No more injures for me after the last one.. my form was AWFUL before because I thought more weight<form.

I'll try and get those vids soon though!

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw