Second Skin Audio

HPI_Savage25's door pack install

OK so I decided to go ahead and put the door pack in my truck, as mentioned I might be selling my truck and was hesitant to putting the SS in because then I would need to get more for the next vehicle. Anyways I know ANT wants the winners to post up pics and install stuff so I went ahead and did it, I know what he means by people never doing the review and such. I give away a good amount of parts on another forum to people and never hear back from them....pisses me off.

Now before I had the SS Damp Pro, whoever was in the back seats found it to be VERY LOUD! (Not the music, but just the exhaust and road noise). Everytime we would take my truck my mom complained of how loud it was in the back and for me to hear her she pretty much had to yell.

The install went pretty good, just having all the "hills" in my truck made it a PITA and all the curves. I had the perfect amount, only had 1/2 sheet left over so I filled in some areas and put a double layer in one small section. This is the first time I have messed with this stuff and it was hot as mess out *85-90* and very humid...took a few hours and when I got to the other side I was in a hurry to get done...

Anyways here is some of the before pictures.

Before Right side:

100_4458.jpg

100_4459.jpg

100_4460.jpg

Got some started...

100_4461.jpg

Right side done:

100_4462.jpg

100_4463.jpg

Left Side Before:

100_4464.jpg

100_4467.jpg

Left side started:

100_4469.jpg

100_4469.jpg

Somehow I totally forgot to take pics of the left side when I was finished.... :censored: :censored:

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Looks pretty good Parker, I hope you wiped off the surface first, cuz it looks really dirty?
funny you should say that cause when I did my install, which was the first time I'd ever used sound deadening, I noticed my door panels were a little dusty/dirty and I had never heard of anyone saying it was necessary to wipe it down first but I used some common sense and did so just cause it would have bugged me had I not.

To the OP, with as many ridges and what not as you've got in there, you did a pretty good job. Had to have sucked doing it in such hot weather though. I usually gets pretty hot here in Sac but yesterday it was pleasantly mild. I've been outside running speaker wire and installing my components and speaker pods to the door and test fitting the door panels and it's already hotter today than it was yesterday, at least it feels that way.

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f