that orange wire is ilumination wire, it lights up the headunit when parking lights are turned on, that doesnt affect anything

but this might help otheres, did you do this or a shop?

what kind of headunit is it?

did they use a plug in harness or tap into factory wires?

i have yet to do a stereo in any car were i had to take the acc wire off the battery pos, my geo's harness didn't have a good pos wire so i ran one out of 12guage stranded wire to the battery fused, but normally if i have to steal acc power somewere i useally do it at collem or a fuse

ied take it back n make em fix it if a shop done it

this is were smd comes into play, if u did this urself, u will find out how to do it the right way and more, but if its a plug in harness and got no power its the radio fuse why it doesnt work, might halfto do with ur lights also

but there is a dome fuse either in driver side kick panel, or under hood, some fuse panals in cars are on passangers side center console

I kinda did it myself with a help of a friend because i kinda knew how and so did he.

Its a Jensen UV8 In-Dash

I bought a harness

also when i had finished plugging everything in and it was working when i was putting the wires back in i heard a "thump" come from the woofers and like turned everything off...

at this point, take yourself to your local car audio installer and let them fix what you all created, before this turns out to be even more screwed up. Just suck it up, and get ready to hand over $100 bones.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny