Sonic Electronix

so im thinking of taking the 6.5" punch components out of my project truck and putting them in my van's doors. in the truck theyre enclosed in some qlogic door pods, and in my van they would just be in a hole in the door. so i was thinking of getting some of the baffles by XTC to make sort of an enclosure for them. i think steve used them on the caddy(?) but i cant remember and its alot to go through in that thread. so i was wanting to know everyone elses thoughts on them.

Thanks

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I was considering getting some, but havent seen any positive detailed write ups or opinions on them. They are fairly cheap so I might just go ahead. Its got to be better than no deaden-er at all.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

I was considering getting some, but havent seen any positive detailed write ups or opinions on them. They are fairly cheap so I might just go ahead. Its got to be better than no deaden-er at all.

Def get them I have them in my acura for ma by9s n it def helps, before I got em my subs would slaap the by9s but I got the xtc n they barley move at all now

92 Black Acura Vigor (Blacura)

pioneer head unit

powerbass s-series 6 1/2 components in front

2 stock tweets up on the dash

2 stock 1 inch speakers by the front dome light

alpine spg-17c2 6/12s in the back,custom fiberglass pods for them

hifonics MX-3 sound processor/line driver

BIG 3 done

stock alt...not for long

1/0G all around

optima yellowtop up front

kinetik 2400 in the back

Powerbass XA3000d sub amp

2 MTX 9500 12s, single 4 ohm vc

(so only doing about 2200w)

8awg wire for the subs

i used them, hated them

unless the speaker is designed to be in a tiny enclosure, it wont sound natural at all

most car audio speakers are designed for large enclosure space/infinite baffle...

just deaden the metal and outer skin of the car and youll be fine... maybe some egg crate/spike foam behind the speaker

those things are nice when u need to keep water out, or... you are trying to keep the pressure from subs from moving the tiny 6.5 speakers diaphram when it doesnt want to... like a rear deck 6x9 and subs in the trunk... otherwise stay away or make your own enclosure

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

x2, i tryed seeling my pods i built on my geo doors n it sounded like pure ass, no midbass or anything, speakers like that are made to run infanate baffle n to keep the back wave from the front wave

but it also has to do with driver fs, if its a speaker with a light weight cone it will yeald a pinging sound, but i put my ks 6&1/2's in there own little boxs n it sounded good, still does, but when i put my polks in same box it sounded aweful, so it depents on speakers to

i myself would use em if i was doin small amounts of speakers to keep the midrange, but if i wasnt just deadin the door really well, n should help out

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

glad i got some response before i ordered these. ill just make an mdf baffle (6x9 holes in the doors) and deaden the doors with the rest of my Second Skin Damplifier Pro

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

The baffles will be good for keeping them dry in the off chance you dont put the door back together right. It will make sure moisture doesnt get to the speaker.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

Archived