dunno if its the same for your vehicle, but in my 09 jetta on a cold start it idles high @ 2kpms for about 15 secs, which just means that the secondary exhaust fan is coming on to mix the excess fuel fumes, it's suppose to cool the catalitic, so it has a longer life.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

dunno if its the same for your vehicle, but in my 09 jetta on a cold start it idles high @ 2kpms for about 15 secs, which just means that the secondary exhaust fan is coming on to mix the excess fuel fumes, it's suppose to cool the catalitic, so it has a longer life.

I know with my dads 04.5 Chevy Silverado with the Duramax diesel, you can set it to 'elevated idle' and it'll rev to about that after it sits idling for about 10s or so.

But for cars with out that option, its easiest to use the cable..

you should be able to go to any decent online car racing store IE summitracing.com .. You can buy a module thats used for drag racing and it has set modes if your car has EFI and a TPS. It's simple, you wire it in, and program the rpms you want each button to do. In my Chevy for drag racing I have it set for 2500rpm burns and 3krpm for staging. Works real well. I will be putting one on my ford once I get my dual alternators.

That is what I want to look into..

Looks like there are a few people interested in this type of mod :)