Second Skin Audio

Single Cab Set-Up?

Nova

My parents got me a truck for graduation so the plan I had of 2 15's or an 18" BTL is out. I have a 1970 K-10 Chevy and I was wondering if anyone has a pretty sick set up that stays in the cab. I've got two bucket seats on the way so I'm thinking maybe I can build a box that fits as a center console and hopefully get atleast a 12" BL or BTL if not 1 15". Anyone have some pics of a single cab set up?

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

I did a center console build for my Dodge Ram Quadcab last year. Had a 15" Fi BL in a ported box with about 3cf and an aero port tuned to 38. Don't remember the exact dimensions, but it replaced the whole center seat/console and went all the way back to the edge of the back seat...sat a little higher than the stock center console too. the sub was in the back- facing up, right between the seats and the port was in the front firing up a well.

It was my first try at aero ports, and the box was a bit on the large side (I later rebuilt the box to 2.5 cubes with a slot port - and that one slammed, but in an SUV) so I didn't get the most out of it. Or it may have been that with the sub being right in the middle of the cab it was just too much room to create any significant spl. I mean, yeah it was loud and I had major air moving in the cab, but not up to what I wanted. I took it out after 2 weeks and put the center seat console back in as it was a pain in the ass to get over that box to anything on the passenger side of the truck, plus the truck was going to the shop for bodywork and paint.

Overall, I wouldn't do it again....besides, my girl loves that center seat LOL

I've got a regular cab Ram now (quad is on sale) so a blowthrough is my next step. I was hesitant to do it at first, but after looking at the member builds on this site I got real comfortable with the idea...getting the stuff for the build now, hoping to start cutting in August.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81

I did a center console build for my Dodge Ram Quadcab last year. Had a 15" Fi BL in a ported box with about 3cf and an aero port tuned to 38. Don't remember the exact dimensions, but it replaced the whole center seat/console and went all the way back to the edge of the back seat...sat a little higher than the stock center console too. the sub was in the back- facing up, right between the seats and the port was in the front firing up a well.

It was my first try at aero ports, and the box was a bit on the large side (I later rebuilt the box to 2.5 cubes with a slot port - and that one slammed, but in an SUV) so I didn't get the most out of it. Or it may have been that with the sub being right in the middle of the cab it was just too much room to create any significant spl. I mean, yeah it was loud and I had major air moving in the cab, but not up to what I wanted. I took it out after 2 weeks and put the center seat console back in as it was a pain in the ass to get over that box to anything on the passenger side of the truck, plus the truck was going to the shop for bodywork and paint.

Overall, I wouldn't do it again....besides, my girl loves that center seat LOL

I've got a regular cab Ram now (quad is on sale) so a blowthrough is my next step. I was hesitant to do it at first, but after looking at the member builds on this site I got real comfortable with the idea...getting the stuff for the build now, hoping to start cutting in August.

I've thought about doing this a few times, the only thing holding me back is this truck is a classic... Maybe I'll just have to go all out and say screw it. When you do a blow through you make it so it ports into the cab... Correct?

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Archived