Second Skin Audio

which 18s for hardcore daily - BL, Havoc, DC Lvl 4/other?

I'm trying to figure out which sub to put in my blazer. I'll be running (2) subs, 18s most likely.

I had been running 15" Havocs and they're loud and sound great but its not loud enough.

I've been wanting to run Fi BLs for a long time but it's quite a few bucks. Optionally, I could recone my Havocs to 18s with upgraded soft parts and coils (8-layer alum) for half the price of the BLs. I have a feeling they still wouldn't be nearly as loud as the BLs however.

What would you run run in my situation? Amp is a SAZ-3000D at 0.5 ohm DCR on strong electrical. I want to make a decision soon, I'm fiending for bass.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

how many of these threads can we possibly have?

build the box right and any of those subs will pound.

I have the BL on roughly 1500 watts and it does 145 in my tahoe

you do realize that the owner of ascendant audio also owns Fi so the products are fairly similar.

and why not look at some other brand?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I'm trying to figure out which sub to put in my blazer. I'll be running (2) subs, 18s most likely.

I had been running 15" Havocs and they're loud and sound great but its not loud enough.

I've been wanting to run Fi BLs for a long time but it's quite a few bucks. Optionally, I could recone my Havocs to 18s with upgraded soft parts and coils (8-layer alum) for half the price of the BLs. I have a feeling they still wouldn't be nearly as loud as the BLs however.

What would you run run in my situation? Amp is a SAZ-3000D at 0.5 ohm DCR on strong electrical. I want to make a decision soon, I'm fiending for bass.

Get the mayhems, they handle about twice as much power as the havocs, get louder and sound good doing it.

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

nightshade

lvl4xl

aq hdc3 alum

death penalty

^they all should be louder

on the other hand reconing and alum coil + stiffer spiders on the havocs will raise fs, lighten the moving mass and make them "louder"

depends on how much u want to spend

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

There is a mod. on this forum selling 2 18inch Bl's if your interested BL's

Edited by Shotta76

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

I'm trying to spend as little as possible, while still getting quite a noticeable improvement. Basically I'm trying to get my money's worth. AA Mayhems are a bit out of my budget, and BL's are pushing it. I was about to order BLs earlier today but felt like bouncing the ideas off a few people who've actually had experience with these particular subs so I'm sorry its a boring thread x100.

I listen to music, so I'm not looking for something that will only play high. I know lots of people use HDC3s for SPL, but I've never heard one on lows/music. This sub is getting me very interested however, and the price is very reasonable. How would it compare to a BL on music?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

I'm trying to spend as little as possible, while still getting quite a noticeable improvement. Basically I'm trying to get my money's worth. AA Mayhems are a bit out of my budget, and BL's are pushing it. I was about to order BLs earlier today but felt like bouncing the ideas off a few people who've actually had experience with these particular subs so I'm sorry its a boring thread x100.

I listen to music, so I'm not looking for something that will only play high. I know lots of people use HDC3s for SPL, but I've never heard one on lows/music. This sub is getting me very interested however, and the price is very reasonable. How would it compare to a BL on music?

How much are you looking to spend?

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U