Second Skin Audio

Single Fi 15 Or 18?

Hello guys..Mr. Can't make up his mind is back..Ok..Here is the deal..I am going to order either a 15 SSD or the 18SSD for my 96 Honda Civic..It will be in a ported box..

Question 1. Which sub will have more of an effect?? 15 or 18??

Question 2. Which way would you face the box?? I want to keep my Stock Speaker Locations and I am scared that the pressure will rip my 6X9's apart in my rear deck if I leave it facing toward the rear...

Question 3. What would be a good power range to purchase an amp for either of these speakers?? Plus which ohm load would i need to get??

I want to do this soon so any help and experience would help me out?? Oh yea my components will be in day after tommorow...Cool.. Thanks..

Guest Nismofreak

Go Hifonics for amps. Have the subs facing toward the trunk and you can get a sheell for your speaker which protects them from vibration. Get 18 but will take more space and need a bigger box so go 15

Edited by Nismofreak

Low to mid 140's maybe. depends on the configuration and stuff like that.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Either 15 or 18 would be sweet..Its a hard choice..Box space.. If I could get an 18 to shoehorn in there that would be sweet and I bet it would move more air than that 15, but you guys know about these speakers better than I do..So I will trust what you guys think would be best...As far as an amp there are so many. I have had the old Phoenix Gold amps, but they don't make them like they used to..I also was thinking about the American Bass VFL amps..But they might be a little overkill for this speaker..The VFL 80.1 was a choice going through my head..Its like 1000 watts @1 ohm and 750 @ 2 ohms..Its like $350 ...I will narrow down though...