Fiberglassed for the first time today...

well ive had a can of resin and a pack of fiberglass mat sitting around for a few days and im eventually wanting to glass enclousures and amp racks... so i decided i needed to start somewhere and see what im getting myself into. long story short ive been doing body work on my truck.... the rocker pannels were rusted out so i used some glass to rebuld the rounded out part of the pannel at the back of the cab... well needless to say i made a frickin mess.... i fiberglassed my sandal to my foot on accident, and ended up getting resin all over everything... but all in all it came out good... i did 2 layers so far... tomorrow im going to do another layer on the outside and another layer on the inside... there were a couple sharp parts and a couple of bubbles that i grinded down....but it will all get fixed tomorrow.... tell me what you think for a first timer...

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

lookin good for your first time bro, make sure you take your time when your glassin .. it really helps keep the mess and spills down. Also spray some WD-40 on your gloves when working with the resin soaked glass , it wont stick as much when your handling the glass.

Too Much Stuff to list .

thanks man... i did the glass one ounce at a time and it seemed to work out just right...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

well im back at it today.... i already did a layer on the inside and a layer on teh outside of the corner... so now im moving on to the rest of the pannel... more pics in a couple hours...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

• 1 year later...

... well needless to say i made a frickin mess.... i fiberglassed my sandal to my foot on accident, and ended up getting resin all over everything...

:lol: that's awesome

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator

Archived