Second Skin Audio

SPL Box design

OK, having a little trouble deciding what to do here. I don't exactly understand the difference with a regular box and SPL box. I am trying to get the MOST I can get in the space I have. I will be doing a wall of sorts (using the rear seat area and putting the woofer there then adding 2 buckets in front instead of the bench that will be removed. It will be completely sealed from the trunk but I will still see out my rear window)

I want to know what will be louder, 2 18" Fi BTL's in a 12 ft total box or 1 with a 10 ft box.

What is the difference between a regular large box and an SPL box.

Can I get into the 150's with 1 18? How about a :hairtrick: I know it has been done with a 10" but realistically without doing concrete in my floor or something like that.

I have not chosen an amp yet and I have room for up to 6 Kinetik 2400's so whatever amp and box design can get me there. I will use it for music about 3 days a week and maybe burp it at local comps a few times a year.

What you got!!!!!

Starting From Scratch!!

Spl boxes are usually relatively small compared to daily boxes as to put more power to the subs. At least that is what I have gathered form a few places. They're tuned pretty high as well compared to daily.

so u want the sub(s) and port sealed off firing into the cab?

what kind of car is it?

Yeah the sub and port will be in the cab and the entire box will be in the trunk

It will be in a 1985 Olds Cutlass lowrider :shok:

Starting From Scratch!!

OK, having a little trouble deciding what to do here. I don't exactly understand the difference with a regular box and SPL box. I am trying to get the MOST I can get in the space I have. I will be doing a wall of sorts (using the rear seat area and putting the woofer there then adding 2 buckets in front instead of the bench that will be removed. It will be completely sealed from the trunk but I will still see out my rear window)

I want to know what will be louder, 2 18" Fi BTL's in a 12 ft total box or 1 with a 10 ft box.

What is the difference between a regular large box and an SPL box.

Can I get into the 150's with 1 18? How about a :hairtrick: I know it has been done with a 10" but realistically without doing concrete in my floor or something like that.

I have not chosen an amp yet and I have room for up to 6 Kinetik 2400's so whatever amp and box design can get me there. I will use it for music about 3 days a week and maybe burp it at local comps a few times a year.

What you got!!!!!

the 2 18s will be louder and generally spl boxes are small with large ports and can take lots of power at certain notes also they are normally tuned between 45 to 70 hertz.and 150 plus is obtainable with only 1 sub in a stock car.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Spl boxes are usually relatively small compared to daily boxes as to put more power to the subs. At least that is what I have gathered form a few places. They're tuned pretty high as well compared to daily.

I have seen on websites that the SPL box is almost always larger that's why I asked, a little confusing.

Anyone have an idea of which will be louder?

For the record if I run 2 subs I will also run 2 of the same amp.

Starting From Scratch!!

the 2 18s will be louder and generally spl boxes are small with large ports and can take lots of power at certain notes also they are normally tuned between 45 to 70 hertz.and 150 plus is obtainable with only 1 sub in a stock car.

Any programs to figure out how to build the right box for the car?

Also didn't understant the "stock car" you mean a car without too much modification?

Starting From Scratch!!

I have seen on websites that the SPL box is almost always larger that's why I asked, a little confusing.

Anyone have an idea of which will be louder?

For the record if I run 2 subs I will also run 2 of the same amp.

In the right box and power, two should be louder. And bigger boxes are more efficient, thus they can be loud off of less power. But with too much power, the subs will exceed their mechanical power handling limits. A smaller box increases the subs mechanical power handling, so you can throw more power at them.

I have. 2 cube box for one 15 with a 8 inch port I'm doing a 147.9 smaller boxes have more imp mine is tuned to 51 hz

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Any programs to figure out how to build the right box for the car?

Also didn't understant the "stock car" you mean a car without too much modification?

Test and tune, then test and tune some more. Experiment with different designs and what not. looking at the specs on the website for the subs is a start. In a high power application, you may go a little smaller than recommended.