Second Skin Audio

After a problem ordering from second skins web site Ant had my door pack expidited out to me ASAP.On top of that i recieved the Fury Blade and a roller for free. Awsome customer service, quick replys to all my question, and a high quality product has highly impressed me. I completed a door with a few pics to show the process and tool used.

Second Skin FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Ant

Photo0177.jpg

Photo0179.jpg

Fury blade,roller,rags,alcohol,painters tape,duck tape , and a few things to take the door panel loose.i use painters tape to mark where i want to stop with the deadner for a clean install.

100_2746.jpg

After removing the panel you will have oem plastic film and some steyrofoam. Remove promptly and throw it in the trash. You can save the film to put back at the end of installation, but i decided not to.

Photo0181.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

After stripped down the entire surface is cleaned with alcohol until when there is no grease or dirt left.

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0186.jpg

After all the harnesses and clips are out of the way i get started on the door skin. I used about a sheet and a quarter on it.This is the easiest part to apply.

Photo0188.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

I get started on the rest of the door taking time to work the roller down in to every grove of the door.I removed the door handle for the process and the pull.

Photo0189.jpg

Photo0190.jpg

Photo0191.jpg

Photo0192-Copy.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0194.jpg

After all the mat is rolled make sure to punch your holes for your clips. You may have to cut a small circle of the mat out of the area the clips fits. So it will fit nice and tight... like your girlfriend :)

American Bass*DC Power

Why did you leave those huge open holes exposed like that instead of covering them like you did the speaker opening?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Why did you leave those huge open holes exposed like that instead of covering them like you did the speaker opening?

i covered them to lessen the chance of getting my mid bass wet. but when i get some time all 3 openings will have a fiberglass molded shell screwed the the door .

Edited by 97maxima

American Bass*DC Power

Thanks for a great post. I will find it very helpful when I do my doors, they look surprisingly similar :)

Thanks, your design has inspired me to go with 18s. ill have to cut away more sheet metal and port thru the rear deck but it should be highly worth it.I just figured up the port... im wondering were i can buy 12 inch elbows

Edited by 97maxima

American Bass*DC Power

Thanks, your design has inspired me to go with 18s. ill have to cut away more sheet metal and port thru the rear deck but it should be highly worth it.I just figured up the port... im wondering were i can buy 12 inch elbows

https://indelco.com/p-2232-s081.aspx

Only $1811 :blink:

Edit:.. That was sch 80, the sch40 is onloy $326

https://indelco.com/pc-3911-710-s390.aspx

Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png