Is the economy improving?

yeah i agree 100% while canada's healthcare isnt terrible i dont think its good and its not what this country needs. If the gov't starts to take over everything or have a stronger say, then who's to say that we wont get to the point where the pay is equal across the board? I do realize that is a strong speculation but this is how that all starts. I firmly believe in "hard earned money" and that America has grown past that stage now.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

It has affected me some I have taken a 10 percent pay cut. went from 36 an hour to 31.14 (I know some of you guys aren't making as much and thats not meant to brag)and had a forced furlough imposed which wasnt all that bad really. We bought our house exceptionally cheaper than what we can afford. Specifically for this reason. If I happen to lose my job my wive's salary will be able to cover everything. The car payments for all three of our vehicles are extremely cheap. We have no credit card debt. Simply put we live within our means and don't stretch it for anything. My work center is actually in such dire need of help that they are hiring people in that I'm having to teach just about everything. And they cant get any one to fill it because the pay rate isnt even close to what it should be for what I do. (system admin/engineer)Need less to say I'm scared shitless that they are going to outsource my whole work center to india though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The economy didn't end up in the shitter over night and it will take twice as long if not longer for it to get 'fixed'. People are expecting miracles, which for some its understood to want a miracle, but in reality this is going to be an easy fix. You will see more foreclosures and more job loses and you cannot blame the current admin for such. There were no guarantees any of it would work, but something had to be done. In the long haul (a year or two, maybe more) you will see it come together IF the money is used to create the jobs of the future. Job creation also doesn't happen over night either. People need to give it a little more time and stop listening to the media, etc. They only talk about what people are interested in and that's anything they can put a negative twist on to get people to watch them..a few months later when things are different they'll spin it up. The housing market was a collision course for many years before it went and the corruption wasn't planned and done in a day or two either. Obama probably won't win a re-election because the economy won't be up to America's standards (which is sad standards, we want what we want and want it NOW). A year or so after you'll see a turn around (hopefully).

There are plenty of jobs out there, but those who lost their jobs(not everyone) need to swallow their pride and get what they can get. You might not be able to be that BIG TIME Realtor(just an example) anymore, but the steel mills and other labor intensive jobs will or are hiring(white collar to blue collar). The American way of living has changed, get use to it and as said before..if you cannot afford it, don't buy it.

Or either that we will be United States of China :D

Hold up now... :)

Obama PROMISED if the stimulus got passed that unemployment would not go over 8% It is now 10. He Promised that. ...the sad thing is- people believed it. And I'm not saying Bush was a saint either because he tripled the size of Government during his 2 terms.

The way out of this was/is to cut ALL non-essential government spending, and then deeply cut taxes. Seems like McCain wanted to do this (IF he would have is something unknown), and Regan did this and the economy was booming within 2 years.

But you are right, however the thing is fixed- it is going to take time.

Economy sucks- I know of several people who have put out LOTS of resumes to all kinds of jobs and haven't heard a peep. One buddy has put out over 500 resumes (yes- 500!) and hasn't gotten a single call. My company has contracted as much as it can while still functioning- closing is next. I dunno- it seems to be bad in all sectors as far as where I am. ...Time for me to start Hustlin'!!! :search:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

it must be mostly a west/ east coast thing because us midwest folks havn't been affected much.

...hold up man...us midwesterners HAVE been affected.From a town that "use" to be the R.V. capitol of the world,to what is now a town barely at a crawl,with unemployment @about 10%...and more ppl losing jobs everyday.Talk about a ghost town.

And to really top things off,now our wonderful governor Mitch f'n Daniels has changed how/and who can get unemployment for the third time in under 9 months...yep,thats right.Now granted,there are some that ride it till its dry,we understand that...but what about the ppl that for once in umpteen yrs actually needs it,and can't get it.Too bad,the state's unemployment system is broke,and after borrowing 900 million (i believe) to keep it going,now its time to screw everybody out of it,so no one gets paid.Thanks alot Mitch.Now most of us can lose our homes.F'n jackasses.

Fwiw,i have ALWAYS stayed in the"don't buy if you can't afford it"category,just simply b/c of shit like this.And now it doesnt matter..once the savings is dry(almost there),and can't get unemployment anymore,then what?....

Archived