Sonic Electronix

would it help in the cooling at all? or should i add some fans to it. im totally clueless on this kind of stuff

for cooling I would maybe out a small computer fan in each side of the case. one pushing, one pulling. that way you would have a constant flow of air through the case which would help a lot with the internal temp which means more power.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

going on 2,300 posts and you dont know the answer to this? it should be obvious that you need a heat sink. heat and electronics = bad.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

I may be wrong but iv heard that an amp has to be in a metal case bc the mosfet's have to be grounded out for the amp to work? correct me if im wrong.

that would explain why the power led would not come on and the short light would light up very dimly...but it still worked

How does the casing go missing?

i was the one that bought the amp on ebay. lol i was bored at work and it was only $24 so im like what the hell ill get it and play around. hooked it up, worked fine but never had the time to finish my project on it due to truck build. so i sent it the krannyman92 to mess with. so yeah the housing is missing, thats why it was only $24

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

No, lol. Unless you put one of them on each MOSFET.

You need mass. Aluminium. That box posted up above wouldn't work, even with a couple of fans on it.

what will work then. besides that giant steel case that wenn_du_weinst linked to.

A proper aluminium heatsink? They cost like $10, go to your local electronics place and ask about them.

You'll need 3 heatsinks - 2 smaller ones and 1 long one to cover each group of FETs. You'll also need some thermal compound and some sort of insulation between the heatsink and the MEHSA (the pcb thing attached to the FETs)

Besides all that, a way to clamp it all together...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

A proper aluminium heatsink? They cost like $10, go to your local electronics place and ask about them.

You'll need 3 heatsinks - 2 smaller ones and 1 long one to cover each group of FETs. You'll also need some thermal compound and some sort of insulation between the heatsink and the MEHSA (the pcb thing attached to the FETs)

Besides all that, a way to clamp it all together...

the MEHSA, where is that located? i know its the protection system that Fosgate uses to prevent their amps from getting damaged. on the back of each of the black PCB board's is aluminum. so why would i need an insulator?