Second Skin Audio

Dodge Charger Subwoofer Box

I just bought 2 12' Kicker CompVX and 1800 watt Kenwood amp. But now i am stuck on what kind of box to get. I want it to be loud so people can turn their heads. Or at least i want to full effect of my subs. And I listen to rap.

www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=345&catId=16

^^^^^^^^^^^^This looks like it would be cool to put in and fit great, but would it be enough power?

My trunk has bumps on the bottom back sides from the tires so i really

can't fit a big box all the way back. i can put one up more close though.

Do i get an sealed or ported? The guy at best buy told me not to get ported cause my seats don't fold down? but i heard ported was much louder.

or what is the custom box that is made for my speaker?

Last thing. are ban pass subs any good?

Someone please help me. I am confused!! I know this is a lot but will someone please help me. im a newbie at it.

Most people at Best buy have no idea. That being said, yes ported is usually considerably louder. I wouldn't go with the prefab boxes from the site you listed because those boxes aren't made with your specific sub in mind. They are made to try to accommodate a large variety of subs and its usually not very good. You'll be much better off building your own or having someone else build you a custom box. There are several skilled box designers on here that would probably be more than happy to design you some box plans. may cost a little more but it will be completely worth it in the end.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Ya build your own box, I have a pair of the CVX's in a ported box and they like about 2 cubic feet per sub, ported that is, I used to have my subs in a sealed enclosure and I can tell you that I enjoy the ported box alot more, gets louder and lower, and is more effecient in doing so.

If you were to go with a sealed enclosure that box would work, though the space is just a tad above the minimum sealed volume, which is 1 cubic foot, I think you would be much happier if you build a box to specs, or if you cant have a local shop build you a box to specs, it will sound okay in the enclosure you listed but you will be much happier with a box made for you subs.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.