DC Sound Lab

put in my new sub last night and the voice coil burnt out in less than 5 min

why would you leave it bangin without you around? i never let my system bang unless im inside or within 5 feet of my truck

it wasnt really banging it was on like volume 3 or 5

every time i have ussually done it nothing is wrong with my shit

i dont think so and i doubt my voltage dropped with one 12 in running of 2 batterys my voltage didnt even drop low with my 4 15s and it wasnt clipping because it sounded really nice before going into the gas station

i agree with ericr noob

only one? in its own box? your sig says you have 4 12"s.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

really.. are u serious?? this isnt CA.com

anyone else that has a smartass remark to say ull get a week vacation.. lets try and be grown mature adults here

yes im serious. who in their right mind would leave their shit bangin while they went in a store.

def not me

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

well i got my new 12 in lvl 4 with lvl 5 coils in last night i built the box will post pics in a bit of the box, but anyways then i put in the sub went to the gas station went in left my car on came out and my car was full of smoke

went to a couple shops today to figue out what was wrong and they said it was the voice coil and the thought that my amp was pushing dc current so i took it to another shop that tested amps for free since they wanted 25 dollars and we the the amp play for about 30 mins and we came to the conclusion that it wasnt pushing dc current

so can anyone give me rustys number so i can call him

same thing happened to my level 4 15". first cone blew within a month and the level 5 recone i put on it lasted only 2 1/2 weeks.

Rusty thought my amp was to blame too, but the amp was fine.

i dont know what kind of power you were throwing at it, but my sub was seeing around 700-800rms with almost no voltage drop.

since its so fresh, he might help you out. he pretty much told me that there was nothing he could do about it...

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

same thing happened to my level 4 15". first cone blew within a month and the level 5 recone i put on it lasted only 2 1/2 weeks.

Rusty thought my amp was to blame too, but the amp was fine.

i dont know what kind of power you were throwing at it, but my sub was seeing around 700-800rms with almost no voltage drop.

since its so fresh, he might help you out. he pretty much told me that there was nothing he could do about it...

hopefully he will help me out that bitch barely played and what do youall think could have gone wrong with my amp?

no idea to be honest.

my volume was at 20/35 when it blew it. i had my amp set correctly with a DMM too.

good luck. hes a good guy to work with, but i still feel shafted on the whole incident

hopefully you fare a bit better with this being a BRAND NEW sub, directly from him

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel