Second Skin Audio

i had a friend who had 2 12w6's and he had a 500/1 on each. blew both of them. i will say they lasted longer then the RFp3's and the alpine type r's

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

I wasnt saying theyre junk, i was just saying they arent indestructable. My guess is you could give them a shitton of power, so long as you give them clean power.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i was looking to get the w6 or maybe even the w7 cuz i heard they are beasts. would 2 w6's do a hairtrick?

LOL good luck.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Well, here's the thing. If you know what you are doing and can hear a sub distorting all to hell and don't turn it down, then of course it will eventually fry. It amazes me how many cars I pull up next to at stop lights and this horribly distorted bass is coming out and they just sit there. I just want to jump out and say hey dumb ass, can't you hear your system sounds like shit? Too many people trying to make a whimpy system sound like a giant one and they blow shit up. Any speaker can be blown up if the right idiot is doing shit to it that it's not intended to do.

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

THats why i set my gains with an O-scope. Theyre set so if for some reason my sister drives my car, which never happens but just in case, if she cranks it to full blast its still a clean signal. I couldnt believe when i tried to find the max unclipped level on my hu using an o scope, i had it turned to 50/50 and it was still a clean signal.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i was looking to get the w6 or maybe even the w7 cuz i heard they are beasts. would 2 w6's do a hairtrick?

Sure you can, just do a mini wall and put the port directly behind your head.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I was having a little conversation with a buddy about car audio. Now. He doenst know much. He thinks JL Audio > GOD. He also thinks Hifonics amps are the tits. He made a claim that the 12w6 subwoofer has never been blown by anyone. I called BS, he got sentenced today for some stupid shit he did in the past and i wont see him for a few years, but it made me wonder if this was a valid claim.

i own a pair of 13w3's and a hifonics bxi1610, and they go together like fat kids and cake. only problem i'm having is that amp overheats quickly. you gotta mount it in a well ventilated area of your car. i have to run my a/c in the back just to keep it from going into thermal protection. other than that, its all good ^_^

Corporal, USMC