Second Skin Audio

trainman0978's free product install

I , like most car audio guys surf more than one forum from time to time, and I came across a interesting thread on the SMD forum a while back. Ant from Second Skin was offering 10 free door packs of Damplifier Pro ... and he ended up giving away 68 of them. All I paid was just 12.97 for shipping. Hell, he even tossed in a roller and a cool razor cutter to help with installation.

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

Now, I was already some what heavily equipped with second skin products so, this door pack was just a little bit more to add to my two front doors.

these photos show what I started with, the first two pics are the door panels, well, the back of them, layered down with dampi-pro and luxury liner

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

and this is what the actual doors looked like before I added any of this new door pack, and again, I had installed a considerable amount of dampi pro a year or so ago...

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

So to get started, the door pack contained 8 sheets of deadener, giving me 4 per door, and the sheets are somewhere around 2 ft by about 1.5 ft. I had to regain access to the door cavity and create a hole in the old product and remove my door speaker.

DSCN1814.jpg

After making the hole , I could slide a full sheet all the way into the door cavity and install it...

DSCN1816.jpg

I also added another layer behind the door speaker and covering the door brace that runs the length of the door.

DSCN1822.jpg

And then , after installing the speaker tweaker speaker pads, and reinstalling the speaker, I sealed it all back up and headed to the other side

DSCN1824.jpg

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

Now for the drivers side.

What you see here is before any of the new product is added, And I realize that it is hard to see any new deadener versus old deadener, but I installed it...see the last pics for proof of that!

DSCN1827.jpg

I thought I took some pics of the inside of this door, but I dont see them, so , here is the finished pic, after I lined the inside with at least three and a half sheets, and both doors used a full four sheets ( saving the half sheet to seal up the access hole )

DSCN1831.jpg

the best part of installing sharp edged sound deadener

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

and the door panel installed

DSCN1832.jpg

My Kulicki Box Build

• 2 weeks later...