07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted July 24, 2009 Report Posted July 24, 2009 welcome man. CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
SlappinM30 Posted July 24, 2009 Author Report Posted July 24, 2009 welcome bro...man id hate to see a heavy load hit that alt...SLIPPAGE like a MOFO...there like no angle to that belt... I have the same feeling but I have had it up and running now over two months and (knock on wood) I have had no problems. click the "for sale" part on my sig O.K. I will have to look again in that thread. hey bro welcome 2 the forum nice setup that ur working with Thanks, is that part of yours in the avatar? Welcome Enjoy your stay. Thanks still interested in the length of the ground just so we can rule it out The one to the Batts. is no more than 12" (double run of 4 gauge), but the one from the amp goes to the cap witch is 7" but only one run of 4 gauge. I have more I just need to do it, as long as the sub is not turned up all the way it is ok but if I crank it. Well then it goes nuclear lol. Do you have any thoughts of what it could be? The only thing I can think is the amp doesn't like the steady 14+volts all the time. welcome man. Thanks 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
SlappinM30 Posted July 24, 2009 Author Report Posted July 24, 2009 Can anyone tell me how to turn on the E mail notification? 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
t-money Posted July 24, 2009 Report Posted July 24, 2009 I have the same feeling but I have had it up and running now over two months and (knock on wood) I have had no problems. O.K. I will have to look again in that thread. Thanks, is that part of yours in the avatar? Thanks The one to the Batts. is no more than 12" (double run of 4 gauge), but the one from the amp goes to the cap witch is 7" but only one run of 4 gauge. I have more I just need to do it, as long as the sub is not turned up all the way it is ok but if I crank it. Well then it goes nuclear lol. Do you have any thoughts of what it could be? The only thing I can think is the amp doesn't like the steady 14+volts all the time. Thanks ok try grounding the amp to the body not the cap then the body. make sure its real clean metal too. c if thst dont help u out. 14 volts is suppose to be ideal for amps 2002 ford focus hatch pioneer DEH-P8400bh infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear XS Power D1200 Shuriken BT-100 audioque 120.4 2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2 2 audioque 2200d big 3 mechman 220a alt with external regulator 479-418-3056
SlappinM30 Posted July 24, 2009 Author Report Posted July 24, 2009 You know that is what I thought but I have never had an amp get this hot so quick. I have never had an Alt this strong either though. Tomorrow I am going to change that, like I say I have been meaning to do it but...yea it needs done LOL. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
SlappinM30 Posted July 28, 2009 Author Report Posted July 28, 2009 Just got done doing the up grade. I ran two 4Ga. runs from the Alt to the back Aux. Batt., two 4Ga. runs from the back Aux. Batt to the cap, and two runs of 4Ga. from the cap to the amp and re-grounded the amp to the car not the cap. I haven't gotten to listen to it yet to see if it helped, because it is sooo late. But I will test it out after I get back from taking the Grandparents to their Doc appointments. I will try to get pics up soon. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
justinlc3 Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Welcome. I used to have a L715 in my benz. It was in a shitty box, but man that thing pounded. I used to push mine with a JL 1000.1. Nice setup. 2000 VW Jetta Pioneer headunit 1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set 4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9 4 Selenium 6w4p 6" 2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz Digital Designs CM1000 Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4 Plans New Box New headunit New Amps R.I.P.1995 Chevy Blazer LS Rockford Fosgate headunit 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5" 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4x6 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4" Hifonics Warrior hcx5.2c 4 Selenium 6w4p 6" 18" Mmats Juggernaut in 4.5 cubes @ 27hz Hifonics Brutus 1200 Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4 Alpine 4 channel Optima Red Top Plans New Box New headunit New Amps
SlappinM30 Posted July 28, 2009 Author Report Posted July 28, 2009 So here is some pics. Some of just the amp. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
Melissa Posted July 29, 2009 Report Posted July 29, 2009 Were you at the Gilroy Toys for Tots db Drag show last year? If so, I think we competed against each other. Welcome to SMD.
SlappinM30 Posted July 29, 2009 Author Report Posted July 29, 2009 Yea it was, what car was yours was it a truck? That was before the second Alt and stuff, I am dieing to see how it does on the mic now. Thanks for the welcome. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.