Second Skin Audio

Would this even be possible?

SocoJoe

So I am thinking about getting 2 DC lvl3 15's to replace my 2 apline type-rs I have now in my 09 Jetta. Now according to VW.com my

cargo volume is 16 ft3, is that gonna be enough room for 2 of those 2 fit into my trunk? and no I dont want to build a wall seeing as this is my daily driver and I have to have some space to put shit lol.

also would the dc 1001.1 amp put out enough power for these 2 beasts? I am pretty sure I would have to get a beefier battery, and prolly another to go in the trunk as well? I am trying to stay away from getting a new alt, its a 140A amp now. any input would be appreciated.

Joe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

cargo volume really doesn't matter if you can't fit the box in the trunk lol. my cargo volume is almost 20 cubes but the biggest box i can fit is about 6 cubes and that would be with external ports..

the easiest way i would do it is build a box out of cardboard to what you think you can fit in the trunk and keep building a little bigger till you get the biggest you can fit then go from there.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

cargo volume really doesn't matter if you can't fit the box in the trunk lol. my cargo volume is almost 20 cubes but the biggest box i can fit is about 6 cubes and that would be with external ports..

the easiest way i would do it is build a box out of cardboard to what you think you can fit in the trunk and keep building a little bigger till you get the biggest you can fit then go from there.

lol figured cargo vol didn't mean shit, but figured I would post it anyway. and alright I will have to experiment with that, I have 2 boxes I made for my alpines, about 1.3ft3 a peice in there now, and still plenty of room, so I will have to see. Would it be almost smarter to build the 2 boxes again for each driver? would be hella easier maneuvering them in lol and I don't really see any advantage to having a bigger box vs 2 seperate? maybe im just noobish :spiteful:

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

FG to create a box shape in the areas that you can't use to store anyway.

1. You'll then have the correct volume for the subs,

2. because you're taking volume advantage of useless corners and whatnot, you can have more space where the box wont be.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived