Using 1/0 Gauge Wire

I have a more different solution to this - I usually get the terminal ring that is super tight with the wire you're using (i.e. 0/1 gauge terminal for RF, Kicker 0/1 wire, or a bored out 4 gauge terminal for stinger, lightening 0/1 gauge, or other mega huge shielded wires). Then, just tap it with a lil' sledge to form the terminal to the wires, then after that, use a good size pin punch to tack that sucker in as many places as you want.. Solder free solution..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

prolly a stupid question but plumber flux is how much different than electric flux?

flux is flux. the only thing different is the solder. rosin cose, acid core, lead free, leaded. you want to use a lead free solder for electrical. its either 60/40 or 95/5. i forget which. ill ask my plumber at work cause he told me :).

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

It's pretty easy, just take a propane torch, heat up the top real good, (make sure you coat the wire with flux before you put it in the terminal), and then start filling the top with solder. Then I like to take the flame to the outside of the terminal, because doing that flows the solder down into the ring, and provides a stronger hold. I use a loot of solder on my terminals. And then I just fill the top in when I'm done, sometimes having to grind off the extra.

hey do you know if those $20 kits from home depot work well? they seem pretty decent for the price.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper