Question about multiple capacitors help me out please...experinced help :-]

Most are fused at 10A i would think around 4A if you use the pre outs

lol that aint to bad, and everyone says caps only work if u get them full power well 400 amps is more then enuff for 5k watts.

and if my kenetiks dont work ill sell them too you cheap...just retail value haha :-D

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

Usually as the impedance level of the load on the amplifier rises , the more dampening factor it will have. So yes 4 ohm theoretically should sound better then the driver wired down lower. However if you just want it loud.... your probably not going to hear the difference.

well its not only that but does anyone think a solo x 18 5k rms 10k max ported 35 hz, could handle 8k rms? plus thatd require me getting a 3 alt witch prolly would be uber uber expensive, Im not steve meade now lol...i aint got money like dat cat but i really want this setup

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

humm not bashing on the caps any here but hell you could get like 5 of the kinetik hc1200's.... or 10 of the hc600's..... i think it would be a little funny but would look better than a few caps linked together....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ok yea i will go with kenetiks but...for 5k rms what size kenetic should i have? and i shoulnt have any voltage drop with my setup if im pushing 200amp x2 cuz 5k rms at 14 volts is 5000/14 = 357 amps so i got 43 extra amps powering my system.

that would be is the amp was 100% efficient... and it isnt. itll draw more amps than that. also if you have a 200amp alt, it puts out 200amps at full speed. so now at idle you have... lets say 100amps x2 so your at half the power you need.

remember it takes between 30 - 80 amps to keep a car running with AC and lights

so now you also need to take this into account. now you have 80amps that your car is using so at idle you only have 120amps with bolth alts.

edit: now with all these caps discharging and charging constantly, your alts will ALWAYS be charging a full capacity. my guess is you are going to burn up alts pretty quick.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

that would be is the amp was 100% efficient... and it isnt. itll draw more amps than that. also if you have a 200amp alt, it puts out 200amps at full speed. so now at idle you have... lets say 100amps x2 so your at half the power you need.

so now you also need to take this into account. now you have 80amps that your car is using so at idle you only have 120amps with bolth alts.

yea i know but i plan to have 2 of them evenually and to get there full output i only have too run them at 2k rpms witch aint too bad bout driving speed.so say 400 amps and -100 amps or so from my car and radio so 300 amps and what ever my amp cant handle just gets set on the batterys witch i plan to have sufficient amount of...least for a good 5-10 minute 5k rms output would make me happy lol

what does a hifonics sampson draw at 5k rms on 4ohms then?can u find out for me?

WOULD my amp put more power out with the same current being hooked up at 1 ohm and taking the full 8krms from my amp or should i stick with 4ohms 5krms for higher damping factor?

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

yea i know but i plan to have 2 of them evenually and to get there full output i only have too run them at 2k rpms witch aint too bad bout driving speed.so say 400 amps and -100 amps or so from my car and radio so 300 amps and what ever my amp cant handle just gets set on the batterys witch i plan to have sufficient amount of...least for a good 5-10 minute 5k rms output would make me happy lol

what does a hifonics sampson draw at 5k rms on 4ohms then?can u find out for me?

i looked, hifonics doesnt say a damn thing about efficiency.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

i looked, hifonics doesnt say a damn thing about efficiency.

did u check amp guts?

or

www.maxxsonics.com

i might be able to find it what would it look like to say the effencieny, like...what am i looking for? lol

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

did u check amp guts?

or

www.maxxsonics.com

i might be able to find it what would it look like to say the effencieny, like...what am i looking for? lol

i checked at maxxsonics.

look for "XX% efficient"

Edited by skittlesRgood

i checked at maxxsonics.

look for "XX% efficient"

i cant find anything for it :-( is that bad? are they hiding somthing? lol

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote: