Question about multiple capacitors help me out please...experinced help :-]

Hey my name is Allan and i am new too the smd forums glad to be here.

P.L.E.A.S.E

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

if you read this plz read it all to understand my full concept before you reply THANKYOU!!:-) :clapping::clapping::clapping:

well heres the thing. I own a solo x kicker 18" 2ohm dvc. Well i wanna strap it to a Hifonics sampson 8krms

4ohm=5k rms

1ohm=8krms

well i wanna go for 4ohm cuz I was told having it set on 4ohm load, it yeilds higher bass quality" "from a 22 year car audio veteran" "correct me/him if i am wrong". so therefor to have 5k rms i need 5000/14v witch is 357amps "how much would it cost too throw in two alternators 200amps each? Include it and add the fact that i can get the alts for 200 each.

well heres the thing I wanna do an old "sch00l hookup" to me that means

-NO kenetic or high current draw batterys "witch are kinda a cap+ battery in one"

I am going for looks indefinity, i know it may cost more doing it this way but i wish too do 3-4 yellow tops, yellow tops dont have a high release flow current normal batterys themselfs dont do that, so i need least 5 farad. CONSITERING I have sufficient flow current from my alternators.

well 5 farad x1 capacitor looks nice but in all reality"it may cost more but" i want to do 5 capacitors all 1 farad each. witch just looks much more powerful, and that is what i want. especially to the non basshead eye you know?

now the question is this even possible, i know it may be a more exspensive way of doing it, plz dont comment bout that! but just awnser me this... can i do it? will the 5 single caps be any less efficient than 1 5 farad cap?

UPDATE: i may use kenetik batteries now that ive been told they would last longer then yellow topz but i still wanna thro least 5 caps on that baby i just got that pcture in my head and its all i want in my ford focus.

AND how would i hook them up series or parelell?

heres a paint pic i made out of bordum, this is what i invision on the back of the wall in my for focus zx3 hatchback. the pic doesnt include the 3-4 kenetic batts i wanna add lol

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...mageID=21374878

and heres a vid of my sub free air outside a box on maybe 1.2k rms

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

4 ohms wont make any difference, and yes you can link capacitors together, I don't believe it will be any better.

Question: 1 Kinetik battery would be hundreds of times better than a capacitor, why are you against that?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

unless you have no voltage drops at all a cap is worthless. your thought about caps and batts are ass backwards. just get batts.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Just don't let any1 see your system that knows anything about audio, that setup would make me crack up :rofl:

Your saying 5 capacitors, 2 alternators, and 4 batteries, for an 18" kicker... You have a lot of relevant questions, but it just seems insane to me what you are talking about doing.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

4 ohms wont make any difference, and yes you can link capacitors together, I don't believe it will be any better.

Question: 1 Kinetik battery would be hundreds of times better than a capacitor, why are you against that?

its not that im against kenetik bats i just want the same result with more looks thats all, it may cost more this way but i wish too. if you see my picture link i posted the caps + amps and yellowtops would look pretty fucking superior to the 1 puinty kenetik battery with NO caps...

it just has a louder bark ya know? not a harder bite but hopfully near or around the same outcome if that makes anysense

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

Edit: Why would you take looks over better performance for less money?

Edited by VistaV6

Just curious, why are you interested in the look of it so much?

I dunno i guess i just wanna think outside of the box sort of, in my eyes i just see it as an oldskool hookup cuz thats how they did it back in the day, reg batterys and caps. now u get 2 in 1 now a days from kenetic u know?

my way may be less effecient in space but in my vision i CANT see having any problems fitting everything...besides its gunna be a wall..

heck if i feal like it i could throw extra farads on my 5k rms like 8-9 farad its all just a matter of money willing to be spent u know?just to have the extra "FAST energy" besides i can get rediculus deals on 1 farad caps

go big or go home i guess..

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

if you're not worried about money, then you need to do a couple batteries. Caps may look cool, but how they perform is way better. Not to bash on yellow tops, but they have cells that go bad and you can't tell unless you meter them constantly. Kinetiks or other deep cycle batteries perform just as good if not better and you won't have to worry about a bad cell. You can make mulitple batteries look 10 times better than a few caps and they perform better as well. Just my 2C.

ok i have a possible idea i am willing to do, no i am not worried bout money, not bragging but, i am patient and want this to be everything i expect you know?

what if i throw kenetics instead of yellow tops cuz they last longer, then throw 5 caps in there just cuz im a fucking weirdo? lol and like the powerful look of 5 1 farad caps lol...

MY question IS!

would it hurt?

would 5 caps add alot more resistance?

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote: