Sonic Electronix

Well, what can I say? I was running my amp outside of specifications (was running it bridged at 4 ohms). While banging "A Milli" (the amp is full range, although I low passed it through audacity), it started clipping hard; eventually it made a horrible noise and it appeared as though the 10 inch sub was getting sucked inwards instead of pulsing. Now whenever I plug it in (only one channel is blown), the speaker gets pushed way out. What exactly happened here? Luckily I got a warranty on the item which provides for an immediate exchange. Needless to say I won't be running that sub on the amp again, haha.

yeah sounds like its messed up... what amp and what sub... we need more info... did you accidently mod your amp into a warhorse?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

yeah sounds like its messed up... what amp and what sub... we need more info... did you accidently mod your amp into a warhorse?

Yeah it's pretty obvious that it's messed up. It's an Audiosource 100; it's actually a full range amp. Again, I was running it outside of specifications at a high gain so I don't really blame it for failing. The sub is a JL Audio 10", 4 ohms, 150 watts RMS.

Archived