Sonic Electronix

how can i design a box for a single cab?

planning on putting 2 re se10's behind the seat of my 84 chevy. they're only gonna have 1200rms running them so i need the box the best it can be, cuz i want it to sound good lol, but there is not a lot of space at all. :search:

can some one give me some ideas on ported boxes?

and what do you guys think about audioque amps??

thanks in advance.

Edited by groundpounder

Need to know what truck you have.

If its an older Chevy the max you can get is rite around 3 cubic feet, so figure 1.4 cubic feet per sub and depending on how tall you make the box you can have a 4 to 4.5 inch top on the box and that would allow you to use a 4 inch port firing out of the top of the box.

3 inch port would probably be better.

You'll need speaker grills for the woofers to beable to build the box to the max dimensions so you don't have anything touching the cone. it doesn't take much to throw the cone out of alignment.

EDIT: I see where it says 84 Chevy. its still going to be close to what I said but my 88 Chevy is a little bit different but not much.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Can you give us your max dimensions? That way someone can better help you with a design. Also the aq amps are great I run my 1200 at 1/2 ohm daily with little to no voltage drop at all and no problems. I love it.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

If you're gonna use 3/4 mdf my math same to 3.44 cubes total

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

Yea thats not including port and sub dispalcement though but you could definitely do some damage with that space.

RE's site says max 1.25 ported so you should have plenty of room.

awesome.would there be anything wrong with putting plexiglass over the subs instead of grilles. i personally don't like grilles.

I wouldn't think so as long as the sub has enough room to reach full excursion without hittin the plexi.

I would just search around the internet for some sexy grills if it was me. Maybe like the old kicker grills. I always thought they looked sick.

Edited by Basshead08