1967 Mustang restoration reserection thread

So a year or so back, I posted a build log for my 67 mustang. (click here to see the original thread)

Anyways, times got busy, worked a little here and there but not enough to mess with posting. Well, I leave for college in a month and need to get this thing in better shape, so recently Ive been back at it. besides not remembering what I said in the original thread, I don't feel like checking... so just check it out or ask if I seem to be leaving something important out.

So check out the pics, lemme know what you think I guess. Unfortunately it takes a lot of work to make a little progress, so progress is slow. been working on a little bit else around on it, nothing worth showing though

Posted Image

Posted Image

As can be seen in the original thread, here is the bumper I might fit on. Now im not so sure if it will look right or not.... will definitely take some hardcore mods. Let me know what you think

Posted Image

Posted Image

Little body work completed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picked up a 4x10 sheet of sheet metal (had to cut it to fit in the minivan)

Posted Image

Posted Image

random weld between front and rear floor pans. I am still learning to weld, but im getting better at it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the underside of the floor pans, been ground down a little

Posted Image

ive been recruiting the gf to help :air_kiss:

Posted Image

if she's helpin.. she's a keeper..

and good luck on the resto.. ill keep tabs on this :)

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

ive been recruiting the gf to help :air_kiss:

Posted Image

With help like that, I'd be motivated to keep working on it too ;)

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Yea, but she is definitely a big help. Ive been having her do a lot of cleaning metal with the angle grinder and wire brush, and a little sandblasting here and there. It lets me concentrate on the more difficult stuff. Anyways, I should be basically working on this thing daily, now whether or not I get anything worth posting is a different question, I don't want to be spamming the boards with pics of the exact same thing.

But as far as that goes, I ran out of welding wire last night, and I just got home with some more. So out for about an hour of work before I go to some real work, and maybe some more afterwords. If im lucky ill have the pan fully welded in today. Some of the spots between the pan and the transmission hump didn't weld the way I wanted them to, so I am going back over them with higher heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, unfortunately this type of work makes slow progress.... but I figure I can show some of what has gotton done. Not shown in any of these pics is my progress on the floor pans. I don't have any pics, but it is in, im just cleaning up welds. (still)

Pics talk better than words, so take a look.

Found this little guy while working

Posted Image

trunk lid

Posted Image

PO (or one of them) Did a crap job of hiding some rust damage with FB I believe it is. Im still not sure of the extent of the damage, or exactly how I will fix it. Ill probably just cut it out and try to get some sheet metal in there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

brushed down and partially sprayed by the female after I did some extensive teaching on how to properly spray. The holes etc will be sandblasted later (partially done at this time)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

took down some more of the crap

Posted Image

drivers side toe pan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

female being proud of her first piece completely done and painted all by herself

Posted Image

but unfortunately only one angle grinder means some of this when I need it...

Posted Image

some more progress for anyone who is interested

partially cut for the firewall patch pannels

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now on the bottom corner, the curve was a little bit too tight, and I wasn't having any luck hammering it down. So, I decided to make some cuts and actually take a few pics. of the process.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sometimes I really feel the need to upgrade my welder to gas...

• 1 year later...

Archived