Just got done ordering everything the list = 2 x CDT 6 1/2" Classics with 25mm silk tweeter, Zed Gladius, Zed mini, Fi 12" SSD, Alpine 9881 cd player and lot's of 0/1 gauge with Monser microXLN interconnects and 100 sq ft of sound deadening all for her civic. Lucky woman.

This is supposed to be the inexpensive SQ business card. Can't rip her car apart until May when she goes to Italy, but may get into it before then. She doesn't want to see her car ripped apart. Might try to do everything but the soundeadening before she leaves then I will know if it needs any other tweeks, like a bigger battery or a line driver or whatever. I'm more excited then she is. She just wants to be able to hook up her I-pod and have a quieter car with a little better sound :lol:

What's she gonna give you in return? A lean cuisene from europe? Sounds like that systems is gonna be just right for the GF's liking!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Paid in advance ^_^ Yeah, I think it'll be just right and I will also use it to attract some side work from older folks. Should be a good demo. They can listen to hers and mine when I'm done with my Tahoe and tell me which one they want.

• 1 month later...

Finally started today I have two weekends to complete. Don't know if I will be able to.

Started by ripping out interior and major sound deadening. Will get to sounddeaden doors and install speakers/cd player tomorrow. Hopefully will get to running all the cables tomorrow as well. Then start sub/amp enclosure.

Here's today's progress

The roof, not much I could do there sunroof assembly in way.

Posted Image

Back floor

Posted Image

front floor

Posted Image

All going in 2001 Civic

Posted Image

Give me some encouragement. I hate soundeadening. Looks like little work takes hours and no one sees the work. But will definatly hear it.

I was thinking of flush mounting the tweeters on the stock speaker grilles on the front doors. Any other suggestions (not a-pillar/sail panel)

Archived