bunch of small batteries?

my dad can get me CASES of these little 12v batteries. they are 36w/cell, lead acid, sealed. he says they have a very fast discharge rate (good for bass?). im going to test some to see if they will charge off an alternator tomorrow. just wondering if you guys think something like this would work. obviously a real battery (deka, kinetik, optima, ect) would be best but i quit my job and i can get as many of these batteries i want, for free.

i can get more info and pics tomorrow if you guys need it. my dad thinks they will work fine. just wanted to double check what you all think.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

x2 i have some lil batterys in the back i been thinking the same

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Post up some pics and some some specs when you can. I am interested to see how well they work.

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

i will get some in the morning

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

im testing out the batteries today. i have them hooked up to a pioneer hu and some pioneer coaxials. ill have a video of it later. once they are drained im going to try to charge them with my alt and see what happens.

only specs i see are that its a "data safe" battery. 35w/cell for 15min.

still looking for input on this though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

here are the battery specs.

i ran 2 of these batteries for 3 hours in the setup above^ voltage went down to 12.4. i unhooked everything and by morning they were up to 12.6v. charged them for a couple min off my car and it looked fine. going to test out a case of these tomorrow. the math says that 8 of these will be about as good as a regular g34 battery. maybe a little less but ill be adding a batcap 800 i had lying around. should get me some good battery power considering its all free.

not bad considering they are free.

here are the battery specs.

i ran 2 of these batteries for 3 hours in the setup above^ voltage went down to 12.4. i unhooked everything and by morning they were up to 12.6v. charged them for a couple min off my car and it looked fine. going to test out a case of these tomorrow. the math says that 8 of these will be about as good as a regular g34 battery. maybe a little less but ill be adding a batcap 800 i had lying around. should get me some good battery power considering its all free.

i want a pallet of little 8v cells

make it happen

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i want a pallet of little 8v cells

make it happen

-Drew

i can make 24 of these batts happen. hows that sound? lol. my dad has 5 cases of these at work. 12 to a case. im going to his work to test them in the morning, make sure they are all good. im going to put as many of these in as i can fit behind the seats.

oh, and these do have a very fast discharge rate so they should be great for audio needs.

Archived